Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Jun 11, 2007, 10:40 PM   #1

Trying to build a dual setup ( Nikon Canon ) I'm in the process of hunting for lenses for a possible canon setup. Seing as i do mostly people and portrait shooting ( casual that is ). I was wondering how the 70-200mm Lf4.0 would fair on a 20D body. I like to have some working distance to my subjects, hence the the range. Have also been looking into a possible 85mm 1.8.

how does the optics on the L 70-200mm go against a dedicated prime 85mm 1.8?

I currently shoot nikon D50 with mostly a 50mm 1.4D prime. I won't sell of my nikon gear simply because i like it as well.
monx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 11, 2007, 10:49 PM   #2

by the way. No Telling my wife about the dual setup!! she still hasn't figured out why we had to go to that Canon store the other day...... ( she will kill me when she finds out! Or have me sleep on the balcony until it's time for the olympic games. ):evil:
monx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2007, 8:24 AM   #3

If you like to have some distance from your subject, you will love the 70-200.

Got it only about a week ago (85mm is next on the shopping list :-)). Works great at f/4 on my 350D. Guess, you won't use 85mm at f/1.8 all the time - the dof is a bit shallow for candids.

These were taken the first day I got the lens. No PP, just resized. Taken from about 1.5m distancewith a build-in flash and an overhead tungsten light bulb:sad:- nothing fancy, just wanted to see what this lens can deliver :-).

At 70mm:

And at 200mm:

algold is offline   Reply With Quote