Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Oct 15, 2007, 10:45 PM   #11

I would have to defer to others. But it my understanding that all Dslr have a sensor cover not for effecting the image but for protecting the sensor.

And I am not sure of the logic of this internal cover and eternal lens quality, which as far as my limited knowledge do not have a relationship.
anthlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2007, 12:13 AM   #12

Maybe he's refering to the low pass filter in front of the sensor?

http://web.canon.jp/imaging/cmos/ima...ual_noise.html
dr_spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2007, 6:30 PM   #13

Thanx. Perhaps.Still no logic I am aware relationship to SLR Lens quality and this filter that I am aware of.

Canon and Nikon and others make many great Cameras and Lenses.

Only the Favon senor I belive, capture all three light channels at once, and even then I think some feal the end result has to date been of limited sucess.
anthlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2007, 12:20 AM   #14

The point I was making about the anti-alliasing(sp?) filter was in contrast to PnS cameras that don't have them...

PnS camshavebuilt-in sharpening software whereas the Dlsr filter SOFTENS the imageuntilprocessed by the camera settings or (if RAW) in the pc...most pix I see on the net that people post as being "soft", haven't gone through that process and if theyseem soft to new users of Dslr it's because they don't know how to compensate for the nature ofDslr technology...

...simply put, many people new to Dslr camshaven't studied up enough on how to use the Dslr before complaining that their new $1000 camera's pix aren't as sharp as their PnS cam...esp. with "budget" consumer lenses that aren't as sharp as "L" lenses to begin with...hence the heads up...more tech doesn't mean better imaging...in fact it can get in the way of better photography for those who don't study and practice how to use it....they'd be better of getting a high quality PnS rather than a Dslr...

digikita is offline   Reply With Quote