Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old May 5, 2008, 5:18 PM   #1

Beginner here...Have a Canon Digital rebel XTI with 10 megapixels..I like to shoot landscapes, Wildlife, flowers Etc..It came with an 18-55mm lense..I want to get a good telephoto with the anti- shake or anti vibration feature & a good wide angle...Would like to get both for 1700$ or less, if possible..I may upgrade the camera in a couple of years so good lenses which would complement a higher end camera are desireable...Thanks...
WorkinStiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 19, 2008, 11:22 AM   #2

Hey, Thanks for the responses.:?...I'll try again...I just got Prez George's stimulis check and I feel all stimulated to help stimulate the economy by getting a nice stimulating wide angle...Any stimulating ideas??I've pretty much decided to go with Canon's 70-300mm telephoto but am at kind of a loss for a wide angle....
WorkinStiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2008, 3:23 PM   #3

well what model specifically are u looking at for the 70-300
and do u want a very good wide angle or a very good telephoto, or a medium of each

bassfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2008, 1:42 AM   #4
Super Moderator

Well if you want to hang on to them for a few years then an obvious choice for the wide-angle is the 17-40 f4 L. (~$650).

For telephoto there are lots of choices, but probably the best lens you can get in the 70-100 range is the Sigma 100-300 f4. ($1100) but the Canon 70-300 f4-5.6 IS is also very good at half the price.

peripatetic is offline   Reply With Quote