Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 22, 2009, 7:24 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
TCav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Washington, DC, Metro Area, Maryland
Posts: 13,543
Default

Look, one of us is obviously going to have to bite the bullet and be the guinea pig for the other two.

Any volunteers?
__________________
  • The lens is the thing.
  • 'Full Frame' is the new 'Medium Format'.
  • "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2009, 7:38 PM   #22
Super Moderator
 
Hards80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 9,046
Default

not it
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2009, 8:33 PM   #23
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hards80 View Post
not it
^^^^ hahaha, thats just awesome. gave me a good chuckle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCav View Post
Look, one of us is obviously going to have to bite the bullet and be the guinea pig for the other two.

Any volunteers?
hmmm, hmmm.... well im seriously contemplating being the guinea pig in this one, lol. I gotta think some more I think. I really dont see how this will be a bad lens... I just want it to be a "sharp" lens!

The other thing is I am currently camera-less, lol, my 7D is on its way, but probably wont arrive for couple of weeks (just ordered it today) and the lens even if i get it wont get tested out until then!

I am currently bidding on another lens on ebay and if i win that action, well, my camera budget is gunna = 0 and this lens will be out of the question.
But if i lose the auction then i might just order the lens as it is in stock adorama right now:

http://www.adorama.com/SG1770SEOS.ht...a+17-70+OS+HSM
JayStar86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2009, 4:23 PM   #24
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 54
Default

and wait no more fella's... here is the verdict:

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/...d.php?t=799955


As I initially suspected the Tamron is a real winner in IQ. Tammy gets my purchase.
JayStar86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2010, 4:37 PM   #25
Super Moderator
 
Mark1616's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,397
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayStar86 View Post
and wait no more fella's... here is the verdict:

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/...d.php?t=799955


As I initially suspected the Tamron is a real winner in IQ. Tammy gets my purchase.
I'm concerned that he has a bad copy, as personally I wouldn't expect a lens to be that poor at the wider settings. Well I'm hoping that is the case as I'm thinking of getting one, the Tamron has been on the list for a while too but not sure still.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2010, 6:13 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
hercules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sparta, Greece
Posts: 2,649
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1616 View Post
I'm concerned that he has a bad copy, as personally I wouldn't expect a lens to be that poor at the wider settings. Well I'm hoping that is the case as I'm thinking of getting one, the Tamron has been on the list for a while too but not sure still.
I had a bad copy of what? the sigma or the canon? I am going to try another 15-85 just to make sure, but that Tamron really is SHAAAARP
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2010, 3:07 AM   #27
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1
Default

There's an interesting review of the Sigma 17-70 here. It's in Korean, but there are many images and good, English, labeling.
tom_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2010, 3:56 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
TCav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Washington, DC, Metro Area, Maryland
Posts: 13,543
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_uk View Post
There's an interesting review of the Sigma 17-70 here. It's in Korean, but there are many images and good, English, labeling.
Very interesting, and very promising. Thanks for the link.
__________________
  • The lens is the thing.
  • 'Full Frame' is the new 'Medium Format'.
  • "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 8:09 PM.