Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Dec 8, 2010, 6:58 PM   #1

Default Needing some advice

I had gotten some advice on lens.... it was not here on this forum. I wanted a lens that I could use for sporting events, nature and for candid shots of people. It was it was recommended that I invest in a Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 Di LD (IF) Macro

It was given to me as a wedding gift. Now a am wanting advice on how to get the best out of this lens in each area.
Shadowhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 10, 2010, 11:38 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowhope View Post
It was given to me as a wedding gift. Now a am wanting advice on how to get the best out of this lens in each area.
That is kind of a wide open question but here is my answer:

Mount the lens, put your camera on either AV or M mode. Go out and practice, practice, practice. Using the Aperture, Shutter Speed, and ISO settings on your camera to see which combinations work best in each area.

Outdoors start with a low ISO and see what you get. Want a blurred back ground? Try opening up the aperture (lower f number). If your subject is someone is running past increase the SS so your subject is not blurry, unless you are in AV then increase one of the other two until the SS gets there. When it gets dark increase ISO and slow down that shutter see what happens and make some notes along the way.

Main thing is to get out there and practice and have fun. Take photos of stuff you don't (or wouldn't) normally shoot.

Good Luck,
Andy
griffina6 is offline   Reply With Quote