Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Jan 6, 2004, 6:05 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaltenburger
Mark H, I'd like to see the TC images. What prompted you to get both the 1.4 and the 2.0? Was it the f/2.8 hit you take between the 2 TCs? NHL, thanks too. Your info is invaluable to me...
I had several options when i bought the 70-200, i was also thinking about the 100-300 F4 (the 120-300 2.8 was way out of my budget). recently i noticed that i needed a bit more reach. buying the 100-300 F4 was not practical, i thought a time about the 135-400, but the slow af hold me a bit back,and it's not an EX quality lens. But for the price of the 135-400 i could buy both extenders, and change the 70-200 into something close to both lenses.

When i know better what i use in real life, i probably gonna buy a "real" lens, for that distance, or when i get really crazy, maybe the 50-500 "bigma" .
Marc H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2004, 6:38 PM   #12

That makes sense. I'm just a little concerned on the reach of the 200 + the 2.0x TC. Basically you got 3 quality lenses for $1,000. Looking at it that way, it's awfully good. Here are a few of my pics. The ND BB one was taken with my new DigiReb. Didn't do any editing of the photos.

http://www.pbase.com/aaltenburger/irish_pics
aaltenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2004, 11:48 AM   #13

Just picked up the TC's, but i don't have the time to do some shooting with it, its much to dark, and to shoot inside with it would do the lens no justice. If the weather is any good tomorrow, i will make a visit to the local zoo, to do some real testing
Marc H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2004, 12:23 PM   #14

Well, I went ahead and got the 200 w/ both the 1.4 and 2.0 TC's. With shipping the total came to $970. Not bad. I probably could have held off buying one of the TC's, but then that would just add $20 or so to the cost if I've got to pay shipping again. Said the heck w/ it and bought both. Thanks for the input. I'll look for your pics tomorrow. How's the weather over there?
aaltenburger is offline   Reply With Quote