Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Feb 19, 2004, 4:17 PM   #1

Default 10D compatible lenses... errors etc

Hi,
I'm a long time reader and non poster

But I finally have a question or two:

1) Is the 18-55mm EF-S lens that comes with the Digital rebel compatible with the 10D? The reason I ask is someone selling one said it ONLY works with the 300D (or Digi Rebel).

2) I almost bought a Sigma 18-35mm but heard they are pulling errors in the Digi EOS cameras. Anyone had a good experience?

3) Really I'm looking for a sub $200 wide angle before Spring hits!

Thanks for your discussions, they have helped me out bigtime!

Shooter.
Canon 10D
Sigma 135-400mm
(Time for a lens that lets me get closer )
Shooter McGavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 19, 2004, 4:47 PM   #2
NHL

1. The 18-55mm EF-S lens that comes with the Digital rebel will not fit the 10D... It needs a different reference only present on the 300D.

2. Only some Sigmas made before 2000 have compatibility problem, ie on the used market. A brand new lens is 100% compatible! Even if you come across an older lens, Sigma will retrofit it free of charge... 8)

BTW I have the Sigma 17-35mm which is HSM: All ultrasonic HSM lenses are introduced after 2000.
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2004, 6:08 PM   #3

Default Sigma Free Fix

NHL, I would caution anyone who considers an older Sigma lense tocontact Sigma first. I recently purchased a Sigma APO 300 macro and upon contacting Sigma they informed me that that lens was beyond the " Deadline" and would not be accepted nor repaired. I again emailed them to get a clarification as to weither it was this lens or all lenses and I did not get a response so I would agian caution anyone who considers a purchase of and old lens to contact Sigma first. I was fortunate in that I had made the purchase from a reputable dealer that took it back. It cost me shipping both ways to learn this lesson and I offer this info so as to save someone else the same expense.
Tomsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2004, 9:22 PM   #4
NHL

Tom

Thanks, be forewarned... don't get used lenses unless its HSM'ed! :P
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote