Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Apr 2, 2004, 5:16 PM   #31

Good prices. How about the quality? Also, do they ship? I tried dotphoto. Results weren't very good. Coloring was terrible. I'd prefer to avoid the cost of a printer and just order the prints.
aaltenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2004, 10:49 PM   #32

Norm has the pre-cursor the i9100 (I believe). The i9900 is the latest 13x19 printer from Canon. I personally own the i960, and are blown away by its quality! It is absolutely, completely, amazing. Paired with Red-River paper http://www.redrivercatalog.com/ I can create stunning pictures. All that for a $200 printer. The i9900 is the big brother of the i960 as I see it. One huge advantage of Canon over HP is the fact that there are six (or more in the i9900) individual ink cartridges. When printing photos the Photo Magenta and Photo Cyan go about twice as fast as yellow, which goes about twice as fast as the rest of the colors. A cartridge costs about $11. I do about 30 8x10 prints before I need to replace a photo cartridge. If you do the math that comes down to about $0.15 in ink per page. (wow, that's low!) Add to that the cost of the paper, $0.30 a page or so, and a 8x10 costs less than 50 cents.

Barthold
barthold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2004, 5:41 AM   #33
NHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaltenburger
Good prices. How about the quality? Also, do they ship? I tried dotphoto. Results weren't very good. Coloring was terrible. I'd prefer to avoid the cost of a printer and just order the prints.
It's strictly a walk-in service with a 24-hr turn around time: in by 5PM pick-up by noon next day... It's a pre-paid service; however if you are not satisfied with the quality they fully refund you... Nothing to lose, just a true photographic paper larger enlargement!
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2004, 6:58 AM   #34

That's what I was afraid of. No Costcos around here. Normcar got my wheels turning. I'm going to be taking sports pics of a couple of H.S. teams and sell the photos. Starting with baseball/softball this spring. Trying to decide how best to get those pictures developed.

I had a little extra cash than I thought, so I got the 135mm f/2. Just got my 70/200 f/2.8 IS. Cash is going to be pretty tight for a while. Not sure if the printer is the way to go for selling these things. My other option is Wal-Mart...
aaltenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2004, 10:50 PM   #35

Or CDs, no ink on a CD
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote