Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Jun 12, 2018, 3:50 PM   #1

Default Popularity

Which lens do you seem to have on your camera the most often?

Obviously, certain lenses work best in certain situations, depending blah, blah, blah. But forget all that for a moment.

Which lens seems to be your most commonly used lens?

Faithfully yours,

FP
FaithfulPastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 13, 2018, 1:57 AM   #2

If photography were the only thing requiring my cash, I would have some fine lenses. As it is, however, I have to make concessions and compromises, buying lenses that serve dual and triple purpose. I shoot with a Sony Alpha A-58, and for 90% of my outdoor shooting, I use the SAL 18-135 zoom. For indoor shooting of my granddaughter's dance recitals and school plays, I use a Tamron SP 28-75 f 2.8, and jack up the ISO. Believe it or not, the best video I have taken of her on the stage has been with my Canon SX40HS super-zoom. It does video indoors very nicely.

Off topic, but have you ever taken only one lens and made it work for everything you shoot for a day? Like, a 50mm? It's an interesting experiment, and will yield some surprising results, and open your mind for what can be possible.

My Flickr
-Robert-

Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2018, 12:46 PM   #3

Without a doubt, I use my Tokina 100-300/4 more than every other lens. It lives on my Nikon D7200, ready at a moment's notice for any sports/action/wildlife photo op.

But my favorite lens is the unstabilized Tamron 17-50/2.8 on my stabilized Sony A77 II. It's an excellent lens with a modest price tag. It covers the same zoom range as a 24-70/2.8 on a 'Full Frame' body, but provides better image quality than any of them. And the constant f/2.8 maximum aperture satisfies my passion for available light.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2018, 1:02 PM   #4

I have a Sigma 24-135/2.8-4.5 which covers about 95% of what I shoot. It is seldom off my Pentax K3. Sometimes I wish it were a bit lighter.
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote