Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Jul 27, 2004, 12:48 PM   #21

:-)This is great information. The most affordable L series lens i could find is the EF 70-200 F4L. Would the EF 50 1.8 give me equal performance to an L series lens for portrait work? The price is definately better, I could work closer to the target and shoot more often with natural ligght. I currently shoot mainly with the 55-200 II USM or the 18-55 kit lens. The 55-200 sometimes gets pretty good shoots but a lot come out slightly blurred soft focus even with a monopod shooting @200mm f5.6. I love the soft blur of the backgroud but want sharper pictures of the person.
minutephotos.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2004, 1:00 PM   #22

Great information, You just saved me a bunch of money. I was really looking forward to getting the Canon EF 70-200 F4L. However, after seeing your reviews I am going to purchase (if I can find one) the EF 50 1.8. I am trying to get sharper images than what the 18-55 or 55-200 provide for portraits. The 50 1.8 seems like an affordable alterantive to the F4L. I would really rather save my money and get the 70-200 2.8L or 2.8LIS since I know after buying the f4L I will want to upgrade eventuallyanyway.
minutephotos.com is offline   Reply With Quote