Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Jul 29, 2004, 3:41 PM   #1

I recently (2 Months ago) bought this lens all the way from B & H in the USA, after recommendation, and immediately noticed a fault. It would focus from infinity inwards (closer) but then not the other way! At the time I had a massive backlog of work to do, and couldnt afford the time to send it back (It was bought by the company I work for anyway so they can absorb the cost!) and have fudged my way through with semi manual focussing! In a Real Estate photography situation this is not really a problem... I have time! But I would now like to repair it (Using their money of course)! as it gets quite annoying on other speedier jobs where I need quick focussing. Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas on this problem? Is it simply a bit of fine tuning needed on the lens? Any help would be greatfully appreciated!

Thanks.
Freefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 29, 2004, 4:24 PM   #2

Not sure I quite understand the exact nature of your problem, but it is under warranty by Canon. If it isn't working right, contact your nearest Canon Service Center and get it fixed.
ohenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2004, 4:30 PM   #3

Yes, thanks, I will. If you point the lens at a distant object, it will focus on it as long as you started at infinity, then it will focus on something a bit nearer, then something nearer still, but when I try to focus back on the distant object it wont focus...a bit like being able to breathe out, and out but not in again...if that makes sense!?!?!?
Freefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2004, 5:34 PM   #4

Gotcha...yep...send it back to Canon while it's under warranty (one year)
ohenry is offline   Reply With Quote