Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Oct 18, 2004, 2:34 PM   #1

I Ummed and Aahed a lot over this lens and decided to take the plunge. It is 1450.00GBP in the UK and over €2,100 here in Spain, after heeding the advice from my brother, I bought it from a reputable Power seller on E-bay in Hong Kong! Unbelievable, ordered (paid via bank transfer) Wednesday last week, and it was on my desk at work in Spaintoday (Monday!!). And the beauty is, it cost 930.00GBP BRAND SPANKING NEW and I incurred NO import duties!!! After insurance and delivery charges, I saved over €500, and I can safely say, I will do ALL my ordering from there now! The crazy thing is, as much as I like B & H, I have ordered a lot through them, they posted me the grip for the 20d and I incurred €58 charges ON TOP of the delivery charges!!! Hongky Ponky, we love you!

Oh and BTW, what a stunning piece of kit.....got the guy in HK to look out for a 1ds MKII next.......I wish! :shock::?:?
Freefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 19, 2004, 11:01 AM   #2

Dont suppose your meaning DigitalRev by any chance? I got my 70/200 F/4L from them and saved a fortune too. Just about to order my 20d from them!!
:G
Mealers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2004, 1:40 PM   #3

No. It was Kea Photo, a guy named Albert Shan, but I am sure if you have a reputable dealer, it is the same $$$´s from there!

Good luck,

Freefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2004, 2:41 PM   #4

for anyone Nikon who sees this, try ur-galaxy-ltd for cheap prices too - also in Hong Kong. I buy from him. They declare "gift of no commercial value" on the docket, like all the HK dealers, to avoid taxes on import. I bought lenses, a teleconverter, filters, and a small point and press with no problems whatsoever from HK.

The only way to go nowadays!
cameranserai is offline   Reply With Quote