Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Dec 19, 2004, 7:38 AM   #1

I have reed a lot about lenses for the 300 rebel, a camera thatI am really pleased with. I made up my mind and bought the above mentioned lens from Canon.

However, - a bit (no a lot) disappointed, it seems that I can't shoot at all in AF-mode. The focus confirmation dotblinks when I try to focus- as if there is too little light. In MF-mode it shoots ok, - but I get the Err 99 some times and the camera makes a weird noise as if the mirror doesn't move right. I guess there is a something wrong with it? Or am I doing something wrong (I am fairly new to dig. photography)?

I also noticed that looking through the 28-135 lens itis much darker in the viewfinder than the orig. 18-55 EF lens. Is that normal??? The images taken in MF mode looks ok (although it is diff. to focus manually).

Hope to hear a few points of view regarding this problem
pjen_dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 20, 2004, 1:50 PM   #2

I have had a 'prof' to look at the lens.

Itis stuck in f 5.6 ... thererfore it looks rather dark in the viewfinder... should have figured that out myself (or told my sister to check the lens out before bringing it all the way from USA to Europe).A brand new canon lens... !?!?!? :-(((((((((
pjen_dk is offline   Reply With Quote