Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Jan 17, 2005, 6:58 AM   #11

Geoffs-

Thanks for the examples and interesting thread.

My lens is not exhibiting the extreme response that your images show. I will post something soon.

I have found that a monopod does indeed help my situation. So I reckon its me !!

thanks again -Jon F.
Setiprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2005, 12:30 AM   #12

Geoffs, that 300 looks like a real performer for you. I like the sample images you posted from it. You mentioned it has IS. I am going to have to look into that I guess. I have a 70-200F4L and if it ever gets back from Canon USA service center where it is being serviced for back focusing issues, I look forward to using it as it was intended to be. But if it is not working right, maybe that 300 will be a possibility.
pcimaging is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2005, 12:41 AM   #13

pcimaging wrote:
Quote:
Geoffs, that 300 looks like a real performer for you. I like the sample images you posted from it.
Thanks for the compliments on my pictures, pcimaging! I love the 300 f/4L IS with or without the 1.4x TC. I find it focuses relatively quickly under most conditions (it can be fooled, especially trying to focus on a subject within a jumble of branches) and I get the sharp images from it that I want. Since I do handhold the camera with that lens oftentimes, I will get a percentage of OOF shots due to my own unsteadiness at times, but I'm finding that practice really does help to make perfect.

With the number of other people that also like the 300 f/4, I'm not sure how you could go wrong with it unless you were to get a bad one.
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote