Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old May 29, 2005, 12:00 PM   #21

LBoy

If you prefer the L over everything else in the universe, thats fine, but when you suggest it to everyone, don't try to force it on them saying that everything else is junk or rotten from the core out. Show some darn respect! Some people here have families and cannot afford L lenses for every lens, or just dont want to spend that kind of money. At work I have several L lenses, the 17-35, the 16-40, and the 100-400. I prefer my Sigmas over those lenses any day. The arent that great.
rob_strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2005, 4:54 PM   #22

DaMat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2005, 11:42 PM   #23

I really enjoyed this! Wasn't aware or even fathomed that one question could / would generate such reaction. To be fair.......... yes, I'm partial to Canon & their products having shot a variety of cameras, lenses. A Nikon user, Minolta, etc. will say the same thing. And by the way.......... yes I have had and used a Sigma lens, but have always found my way back to Canon. Through experience, use, and now the ability to buy and use the best quipment I feel I want my dollar to buy, I go the way I do.

As i said, I'm getting great results from the 24mm. It truly is a good addition for anyone. If it wern't for that and I were looking in that direction, I probably would have looked at the zoom strictly for lattitude. Guess my intent was to see who liked using a fixed as opposed to the zoom and their reasons.

Thanks for the responses. Happy shooting ( and not one another )!
DaMat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2005, 3:29 PM   #24

Well good for you DeMat.

You sound like you´ve got your head screwed on. Would be interested to hear how you get on with future lenses.

LB
LBoy is offline   Reply With Quote