Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Jun 6, 2005, 9:27 PM   #21

"Everyone knows that Pulitzer winners and National Geo shooters use manual Leica's, not those silly Canon and Nikon toys. Canon/Nikon optics are just not good enough, and bodies not reliable enough to match the manual Leica."

Peter (tongue firmly in cheek) runs for cover :-)
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2005, 10:26 PM   #22

All I can say is I love Canon glass and Canon cameras, but I bought 3 Sigma lenses, 70-200mm f2.8, 24-70mm f2.8, and a 17-35mm f2.8-4 all new, for the price of the Canon 70-200 f2.8 IS. With enough left over to get a 1.4x teleconverter. All three work excellent on my Canon digital rebel without any re-chipping, and all take excellent pictures. I'm not a pro, although I have done work for a couple of companies and a few weddings, but still can't justify the price of the L glass.
Caboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2005, 10:40 PM   #23

O.K. O.K. Peter. Lets not bring Leica in this. That has got to be the very best camera ever made. I saw some pictures from one of those cameras with a digital back on it and they were absolutly amazzzzzzzing.
arowana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2005, 10:45 PM   #24
Super Moderator

i didn't think they were releasing the digital module until next week?
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2005, 10:52 PM   #25

I am not really sure what digital back he had on it, being that I dont anything about Leica, but he had hooked to a laptop and could see the pics right after he took them. And I know he was shooting filmthe last time I talked to him. I will E-mail him and ask him what he was using. But whatever it was it was great.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 11:17 PM   #26

I'm not addressing your immature behavior any further. Instead of addressing yourself to my points, which apparently you can't, you bring up PhotoShop, mono-pods, and Honda cars.Pros (those that make a living at photography) don't use 3rd party lenses.
csnudelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2005, 11:37 PM   #27

Well, first off if you took the time to look over my posts you would see that I never said pros use third party lenses. I know that they dont!!!!!!!!! Second, nothing I said was out of line or immature. Third, I did address what you were saying by voicing my opinion just as you did. The only ones here being immature are you Canon buffs. The ones here that use Sigmas have not put Canon down not once. We are only speaking from experience. AS I SAID MANY,MANY TIMES, CANON DOES MAKE GOOD GLASS. SOME ARE BETTER THAN SIGMAS. BUT THEY ALL ARE NOT BETTER THAN SIGMAS. SOME PEOPLE DO NOT WANT TO SPEND ALL THERE CASH ON A LENSE THAT IS NOT MUCH BETTER THAN A LENSE THAT COST HALF AS MUCH. YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY NOT A PRO NOR HAVE YOU USED ALL THE L GLASS AND ALL THE SIGMA GLASS TO BE ABLE TO SAY ALL SIGMAS ARE JUNK AND INFERIOR TO CANON. IF YOU REALLY WANT THIS CHILDNESS BICKERING TO STOP THEN HELP PEOPLE WHEN THEY ASK FOR IT INSTEAD OF TAKING EVERY OPORTUNITY TO BASH ON EVERYTHING THAT IS NOT CANON L GLASS. WE KNOW YOU LOVE CANON. WE ARE GLAD YOU LOVE CANON. BUT EVERYONE DOES NOT FEEL THE SAME AS YOU DO. SO GET OVER YOURSELF. SIGMA WILL ALWAYS BE AROUND AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO THE CANON EMPIRE AND THOSE WHO LOVE SIGMA WILL ALWAYS BE HERE TO DEFEND THEM. And the coment I stated about Photoshop was legit. I was just making a point that all pros,big and small, do post photo editing. If Canon was so perfect they would not need to do that. BUT THEY DO!!!!!!
Old Jun 6, 2005, 11:41 PM   #28
NHL

csnudelman wrote:
Quote:
... Pros (those that make a living at photography) don't use 3rd party lenses.
Here's a few: http://www.sigma-photo.co.jp/english...anagisawa2.htm :blah:

... and worlwide: http://www.sigma-photo.co.jp/english/ourworld/index.htm
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2005, 11:45 PM   #29

Guess I spoke to soon NHL. You proved me wrong. But I am glad I was wrong. I am glad some pros use Sigmas. Kinda breaks up the monopoly.:-)
Old Jun 7, 2005, 11:05 AM   #30

Check this topic for the link to a Leica DMR/Canon 20D comparison.
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...81&forum_id=37

Just an add on to my previous tongue in cheek post :blah:.
Both cameras were using the same Leica lens so it is more of a body comparison.
Peter.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote