Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Jul 6, 2005, 6:51 PM   #21

When I shoot subjects that are not moving alot I choose the aperature manualy so I get the depth of feild I want and let the camera choose the shutter speed. Unless its cloudy outside and then I shoot fully manual. These paticular shots were taken in aperature priority.
arowana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2005, 10:17 PM   #22

Just thought I'd tell you that I bought a 70-300mm Quantaray with a 2x TC. Right now I'm loving it but really because it was only 159.00 at Ritz Camera. I'm going to save up for a better lens but for now I needed a lens to keep me inspired! It's not to bad and now I have it to take to the Orange County Fair Friday! Yahoo! Arowana, is Hendersonville close to Maryville? My son leaves in Maryville TN. Beautiful Scenary there![img]/forums/images/emoticons/camera.gif[/img]
freidaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2005, 5:46 AM   #23

I am not really sure where maryville is. Hendersonville is 30 minuites north east of downtown Nashville if that helps any. I am glad you like your 70-300 Quantaray. The guys at Ritz Camera, or Wolf Camera here in Nashville, say that Quantaray is a spin off of Sigma. I am thinking of getting a 175-500 lense and Quantaray and Sigma makes this lense. I have tried them both and they seem identical in every way. Except the Quantaray is 20 dollars cheaper.

Keep shooting and post some of your pics. And I will pull out a map and see how close maryville is to me. Hendersonville and Nashville are quite nice places to shoot, but buildings and power lines ruin a lot of good shots.
Old Jul 7, 2005, 8:22 AM   #24

Quantarays are rebranded Sigmas, at least in most cases.
G35Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2005, 5:33 PM   #25

I kinda thought that but I never took the opportunity to ask. Thanks for the info.