Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Jun 19, 2005, 12:10 PM   #1

Hi,

I was asked to take photos of a local 5k running event. I already have a 70-200 which I will useto capture runners while runningbut I would like to get a smaller lens, but one that would be good at taking wide photos such as the start line and group photos of like 10 across. Can anyone recommend a lens with good distance and width. Thanks so much...Deana
deana is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 19, 2005, 10:39 PM   #2

You didn't mention what kind of camera you are using, but just guessing it is a dslr, I think two pretty good choices would be either the Canon EF 17-40mm f/4 L or the Sigma 17-35mm f/2.8-4. both would be plenty wide even with the crop factor of the dslr. or if you needed a little more reach you could go with the Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L or Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8. all of these lenses are very good quality, the Canons are a little more expensive, and I'm only assuming you are using a canon camera.
Caboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2005, 10:49 AM   #3

Thanks Caboose..I have a Digital Rebel right now but hope to have a 20d by the time of the event. I will look into both those lenses you suggested. Thanks!
deana is offline   Reply With Quote