Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Jun 22, 2005, 10:38 PM   #1

If this stuff has been covered before, I apologize. I'm very new to this forum. Actually, today. And I will apologize in advance, it has been a long time since I've talked photography and cameras.

Back in my past, I shot with the Canon A-1. I haven't used the system or lenses in quite a while. Several of the lenses that I used were Tamron.

Now, I have a Canon 20D. I have seen some adapters that allow you to attach the old FD style lenses to the EOS style body. I realize that there is alot of working to find the right combinations to use the lenses like this.

I was thinking...the Tamron lenses were interchangable between different brands of cameras. Change out the mounting adapter and you could mount the lens to a Canon, Pentax, Nikon, etc.

Is there an adapter that would allow me to mount my old Tamron lenses to the Canon 20D? I realize that there would be no auto focus, auto anything but it would be nice to play with those lenses again.

I know some would ask why I would want to do this. Basic answer is that I had a lot invested years ago in the lenses. I think that two in particular would be interesting to use again. One is a Macro and the other is a 200-500 zoom. I think that it would be expensive to try to purchase these for the 20D outright, right now.

I appreciate any input and advice on this.

Thanks again.

Dave

ratski is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 23, 2005, 5:51 AM   #2
NHL

ratski wrote:
Quote:
Is there an adapter that would allow me to mount my old Tamron lenses to the Canon 20D? I realize that there would be no auto focus, auto anything but it would be nice to play with those lenses again.
It's call an Adaptall to EOS adapter

IMO the macro is still very usable since you'll be using the focus manually mostly, but thehardest thing probablyis to find the adapter, since this is no longera popular item...

http://photonotes.org/articles/eos-manual-lenses/
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote