Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Jul 8, 2005, 7:14 PM   #1

I just got the lens from Fedex on the way home from work. At first the zoom was "stuck", but a little tug and now its fine.

Its definitely big, and heavy, and I can understand why the IS is popular.

But I'll attach an image; I was in a hurry, so I just grabbed the JPG, its unprocessed, except I used ACDSee 7 to cut the image down so I could upload it here. Its just some flowers in the backyard.

Read the EXIF for the exact details, but this is handheld, ASA400, focal length 200mm.

This is definitely sharper than the kit lens. That's easy to see. What's cool is that the shutter speed was such that I could handhold the camera (although it would have been sharper with a tripod).

Attached Images

tkrotchko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 8, 2005, 8:11 PM   #2

For $2000, it better be a hell of lot sharper than the kit lens! And, it is. Nice pic, too.
G35Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2005, 8:19 PM   #3

I agree with your sentiment, but the lens is 1/2 that amount, about $1050 after rebate.

Still a crazy amount to pay for a lens, but this is a once-in-a-lifetime kind of lens.
tkrotchko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2005, 8:43 PM   #4

Nah, not really a crazy amount, especially with the rebate. Heck, if you enjoy it, $5000 is worth it.

I just spent $500 on one lens and $220 on another and $1000 on my cam 6 weeks ago, so I'm not knocking the cost
G35Guy is offline   Reply With Quote