Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Aug 1, 2005, 10:54 AM   #1

Hello

Just wanted to mention to you all that if you're in the market for Sigma stuff I just had a very postiive experience and wanted to pass it on. I used an online dealer called Sigma 4 Less (sigma4less.com) and they were a joy to work with. They give very personalized service. The main guy actually stayed about two hours late to get my order together and sent out the day I placed it so I'd have my new equipment for the weekend. (He didn't have the 1.4xtc I ordered and waited for a supplier to bring him one.)

Along with the great service their prices were consderably lower than anyone else I saw. I often use dealtime (www1.dealtime.com) to search for stores, prices and reviews and sigma4less was the cheapest on the lens I bought, the Sigma 100-300mm f/4 EX.

I don't know if it's poor etiquette to offer store reviews like this in forums (?), I apologize if it is. But I told them that I would pass along a good word about them since they served me so well, so there it is.

Rob

p.s. I think they stock more than just Sigma btw
Rob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 1, 2005, 11:04 AM   #2

Nice to hear of good positive experiences.
Normally you only hear of the bad ones.

Wish www.sigma4less.com would ship to Canada. :G

Peter

PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2005, 2:39 PM   #3
Super Moderator

i have purchased two sigma products from them and have had similar positive experience.. they are part of a bigger company called Photo4less.com i believe and i think they stock everything..
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2005, 9:19 AM   #4

I don't know if it matters but B&H Sigmaincludes a 1 yr worldwide warranty plus a 4 year USA warranty on Sigma. Sigma4less may not be USA warranty beyond 1 year. Does this mean that Sigma4less is grey market as opposed to USA warranty?

They are definitely cheaper.
Ctrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2005, 12:15 PM   #5
Super Moderator

yes.. that is correct.. sigm4less is grey market i believe..
Old Aug 4, 2005, 2:02 PM   #6

OhOh, if they really are gray market that would make me reconsider recommending them.

Peter.

Hards80 wrote:
Quote:
yes.. that is correct.. sigm4less is grey market i believe..
Old Aug 4, 2005, 2:15 PM   #7
Super Moderator

i am not really sure peter... but the warranty is different than b&h.. so idunno..
Old Aug 4, 2005, 2:55 PM   #8

This has been discussed a lot around various forums. The short of it is this: The only difference between a USA and Gray Sigma EX lens is that the USA version comes with a black warranty card that says "4 Years EX Warranty." That said, in practice, Sigma will warranty ANY EX lens with a receipt or this black card. So the bottom line is: don't worry about it. Just send a copy of the receipt if you need service and you basically have 4 years no matter where you buy it. Sigma4less is a good place to deal with. As for non-EX lenses (in the USA), they all have a 1 year, so it doesn't matter where you get it.
fstopjojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2005, 3:04 PM   #9

Difference in countries. :-)
The Sigma EX in Canada has a 7 year warrantie.
But the importer/distributor won't touch them for warrantie service if they are gray market.
If you don't have the little Canadian warrantie card(greenish :-) ) and original receipt, they charge full price for any repairs.

Peter.