Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Aug 27, 2005, 5:31 AM   #1

I have been having some problems getting sharp pictures(camera shake)with my 70-200Lf4 lens & 20D in windy conditions. The lens shakes. Can anyone tell me if it would be worth investing in a Tripod collar to solve this ? Cheers, Barry:?
barrylevers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 27, 2005, 7:27 AM   #2

the tripod collar will help ballance the camera and lens mounted on the tripod, but in windy conditions you better have a pretty stout tripod to go along with it. And don't extendit up any higher than you have to. I would also suggest acable release too, then you don't have to touch the camera to take the shot.
Caboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2005, 8:26 AM   #3

Cheers Caboose. Ive got a pretty good tripod(Manfrotto 055D),& always use a cable release. The trouble with taking landscapes(my particular liking), is that small apertures are required, as you probably know, &therefore slow shutter speeds. Using smaller lenses doesnt seem to be such a problem in windy conditions. the 70-200 though is bigger than my others, & tends to shake in high winds. But i like taking pics in these conditions so I need to stop the "shaky lens syndrome" & was hoping the lens tripod collar would help? I just wanted it confirmed before i go ahead i buy one.

Barry
barrylevers is offline   Reply With Quote