Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Sep 11, 2005, 12:16 AM   #1

Can u plz give me suggestion about canon F2.8 200mm L LENS. Any idea how it will perform with 2x Tamron teleconverter.

thank u

Kalyan
kalyan064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 11, 2005, 2:00 AM   #2

The Tamron teleconverters are non-dedicated so they will work, but not as well as with a dedicated teleconverter.
Also which Tamron teleconverter? Tamron has 2 different lines of teleconverter's one is much better than the other.

I don't know if the Canon or Sigma dedicated teleconverters will work on this lens as I have never used it. They do work on the 70-200 F2.8 L and F4 L.

GadZukes Oddly this L lens is black instead of L-white:!:

Peter.

PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2005, 6:47 PM   #3

Peter why would you be shocked? Canon currently lists more black L lens than white ones.
Tomsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2005, 7:19 PM   #4

Just to stir the pot a bit... I have a cheap Tamron 1.4X TC and it works great with my EF-70-200 f/4L. I suspect the combination you're considering would work fine. Might be good to buy both the 1.4X and the 2.0X, try them and make up your mind.

I've been impressed with the low-end Tamron TC. It doesn't pass information to the camera, so your EXIF data won't reflect the actual focal length. If you don't care about that, you'll save a lot of Lire, Pesos, Dollars, Pounds or Rupees.
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2005, 11:41 PM   #5

:blah: Just a dig at Canons past advertiseing, where they used to show fields of long white lenses at sporting events, sometimes with one lone black lens in the crowd to signify another brand like a nikon user:blah:

I like your location:-), I think I may have attended the 60's, but I can't remember for sure.

Wildman: I too have the lower end tamron 2x & 1.4x TC's. I used to use them on the canon 75-300 and 100-300L (both slow lenses never meant for TC's :blah

But I would not use them on a high end lens, I can see the difference between an image made with a matched TC and a low end unmatched one.

Peter.

Tomsch wrote:
Quote:
Peter why would you be shocked? Canon currently lists more black L lens than white ones.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote