Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Oct 4, 2005, 10:40 PM   #21

The post office won't send it back for a while. You may want to call the delivering office, or the 1 800 askusps toll free number and ask them to retry the delivery on a day that you know the firm is open. I have the 10-22 and haven't had any problems. Good luck.
yussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2005, 3:25 PM   #22

Quick update...

Sigma4less received my returned lens yesterday. I was able to chat online via livechat today. They were willing to replace, exchange or refund my money. After thinking about it, looking at several examples of other photo's from this lens on-line, MTF charts I decided to take the refund and have ordered the Canon 10-22. It cost me a bit more, but I believe I'll be happier with this lens. I can always sell it when I eventually upgrade to a FF.

Thanks,
Joe
jlacasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2005, 7:41 AM   #23

Update...

I have my Canon 10-20 I haven't done the level of testing as I did with the Sigma, but the quick shots I took in my office under the same lighting conditions do seem much better.

Sigma4less, I'm getting less and less impressed with these guys. In my last post I filled you in on my decision to return the Sigma for a refund and not an exchange as that option was offered and confirmed via online chat and email.

Probably just a mix up (I hope) on Sigma4less' part, but they didn't refund my money, instead they sent me a new replacement lens. Tried to call them, but of course they are closed, yet again, until Friday. So far the shipping on this thing has cost me 44.00 and another 20.00 to send it back again with insurance. Does anyone want to buy a brand new Sigma 12-24 EX for 550.00 :-) I'll pay to ship it to you since I'll have to pay to ship it to them anyway.

Joe
jlacasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2005, 8:30 AM   #24

I just saw the schedule for B&H photo...apparently, it seems like this whole month is a Jewish holiday. I think same thing goes for the majority of ebay photo stores and Sigma4less.
AlpineMan is offline   Reply With Quote