Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Oct 10, 2005, 2:21 PM   #11

I've spent a small fortune with B&H in the past month 6700.00+ no problems at all!

I purchased a lens from Sigma4less and was not happy with it at all. I called them and they were very good about it. I shipped the lens back to them and they offered me a replacement, refund or different lens. Ichose therefund only because I'm not positive that you can get a great Sigma 12-24 Zoom on the 1st or 2nd try. I went with the Canon instead. I have every confidence that my funds will be in my account in a couple of business days. I wouldn't hesitate from buying from them down the road if I was in the market for another Sigma.

Joe
jlacasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2005, 5:14 PM   #12

mgipe wrote:
Quote:
That eats up quite a bit of the savings.
I haven't found that to be the case. At BH, 70-200 is 840 + $14 shipping UPS ground to zip 44312. S4Less is 730 + $26 shipping. $854 v $756, that's still $100 savings, even with more expensive shipping. I spent that $100 on a new, bigCF card.

I think the bottom line is that both are reputable dealers.
G35Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2005, 10:38 AM   #13

Can't argue with that.
mgipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2005, 4:58 PM   #14

Thanks for the feedback on these 2 retailers. Is the warranty any different between the 2?
Towsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2005, 9:26 AM   #15

I think they both come with factory warranty, there may be some difference if you buy USA product or not (at least I recall seeing the option on B&H site).

I've purchased additional warranty agreement contracts for my L lenses and 20D body from B&H. They use MACK for this service.

Joe
Old Oct 12, 2005, 1:49 PM   #16

I may have to change my mind with Sigma4less...

As I indicated in a previous post, I returned a lens I was unhappy with for a refund. I have chatted on-line with Sigma4Less and received an email confirming this saying that my refund was in process.

Today, I just received a replacement lens in the mail from Sigma4less :? That would be great if that's what was supposed to happen. I tried to call them today to figure out what to do to return this thing and get my refund. But, yet again, they are closed for a couple of days due to open Friday. I believe they are only open 1/2 day on Friday anyway. So far this 560.00 dollar lens has cost me 24.00 in shipping to me, around 20.00 back with insurance, and now another 20.00 again to send it back.

If you ask me, much cheaper to deal with Canon products.

Joe
Old Oct 12, 2005, 2:06 PM   #17

There went the savings!

Also, Sigma-4-less I believe is non US warranty. 1yr vs 3 yr US warranty.
Ctrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2005, 2:13 PM   #18

One of the big differences with the lenses that Sigma4less is selling when compared to B&H is that they are grey market. They only carry a 1 year warranty, not the 4 yeer warranty that the US lenses have.

Sigma4less also has a very small return window, when compared with others. They are also hard to get a hold of sometimes.

In the past, I have ordered from Sigma4less, Andorama, and B&H. B&H was and still the best to deal with. Sigma4less has not been the best for returning things too. They gave me a run around with a bad lens, and took for ever to ship me the replacement. The replacement lens is much better then the first, but I still might send it to Sigma for calibration.

I have also noticed that Samsclub.com has Sigma lenses. The prices don't look to bad either.

If it was me, I would order my lens from B&H, as I feel more secure with them. When I ordered my Bigma, I went with them. I just can not trust what I get from Sigma4less.

Just my thoughts and feelings.

Bill
Speedie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2005, 7:20 PM   #19

Speedie wrote:
Quote:
One of the big differences with the lenses that Sigma4less is selling when compared to B&H is that they are grey market. They only carry a 1 year warranty, not the 4 yeer warranty that the US lenses have.

Sigma4less also has a very small return window, when compared with others. They are also hard to get a hold of sometimes.

In the past, I have ordered from Sigma4less, Andorama, and B&H. B&H was and still the best to deal with. Sigma4less has not been the best for returning things too. They gave me a run around with a bad lens, and took for ever to ship me the replacement. The replacement lens is much better then the first, but I still might send it to Sigma for calibration.

I have also noticed that Samsclub.com has Sigma lenses. The prices don't look to bad either.

If it was me, I would order my lens from B&H, as I feel more secure with them. When I ordered my Bigma, I went with them. I just can not trust what I get from Sigma4less.

Just my thoughts and feelings.

Bill

BH has a one year warranty on the 18-200 Sigma. Don't know where you are getting your information about warranty lengths...
ggw2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2005, 7:29 PM   #20

B&H offers the 1 year warranty but Sigma USA Products include an additional 3 or 4 year warranty. Sigma-4-Less only the 1 year warranty is mentioned. Just make sure the lens says USA at B&H.
Ctrack is offline   Reply With Quote