Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Jan 24, 2006, 11:32 AM   #11

Judging from the quality of those pics, she needs more than just a new lens!! :roll: Looks like she broke it in half. I doubt that you would have sent it that way. It would have been easier to just scam her and not even ship it... If it just came loose then the warranty should cover it, but if its broken they might or might not cover it. Worth a try!

H
bigboyhf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2006, 1:52 PM   #12

I don't see how what has happened there is physically possible without trying to take the lens apart personally.

MagicMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2006, 5:25 PM   #13

well she has now taken it to disputes, where from here?. I have to sit down and reply ebay now. Last time i ever sell anything like this on Ebay:sad:
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2006, 10:04 PM   #14

You need to get a little tough! Tell Ebay you did everything by the books and you are not refunding her the money for a lens she broke. She probably thought it comes apart and started turning it. Or maybe put it in a vice in her garage and turned it:-)

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Either she has to live with it or Ebay needs to write out a check for her. Stand your ground. Why pay out of your pocket for something she did, and yes out of your pocket. Send her 300$ and you can't even sell the lens. Don't fold!

BG
picturethis62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2006, 6:09 AM   #15

I would have tried to come to some sort of agreement however her tone has been that Im a liar who sent her the Item already broken,very well packed and there is no way it could have been damaged in the mail. If she really looked at it she would see that ifhad I wanted to get away with such a thing I'd have packed it badly so that I could have blamed it on the postage. She has been sarcastic in the dispute console and I really dont care much now. She will have to live with it whatever happened to the lens.:roll:
Old Jan 27, 2006, 1:18 AM   #16

Glad you decided to go that way.

picturethis62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2006, 11:18 PM   #17

I've been a seller on Ebay for years now. When I make a sale I explain to the buyer that unless they pay extra for insurance, I take NO responsabiliy for items damaged during transit. Even the horror stories I've heard about postal workers.. that type of break seems pretty tough.
Can you explain your method of packing?..

On the comment of another here.. If she decides to fight through Paypal, you'll have a battle on your hands. Paypal is one to refund.. backcharge the sellers account and ask questions later. This has happened to me once. A seller claimed to 'not receive' a 200.00 jersey. Paypal took the money out of my account... I later filed with Can post for a claim.. Long story short, I got my money back.

Basically the way I handle things.. If something sells for more than 50.00 I require buyers to pay for insurance. If they don't I get them to agree that under NO terms am I responsible for ANYTHING.

If it comes to breakables.. ie: figurines, etc.. I have in the past taken photos of the item AT the postoffice with all postage paperwork in the photo to prove it was in one piece when it left.

I hope some of that info helps.. I guess we all learn from experiences though.

Btw... It looks as though she tried taking it apart to 'make it fit'.
vwmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2006, 12:36 AM   #18

packing was the original box with the foam inserts. then I put that inside a large box with foam pieces and shredded paper. Begining to wish I never packed it so well. that is her excuse for the fact that it could not have broken. Still have not heard back since she opened the dispute and made sarcastic comments more or less calling me a liar.
Old Feb 1, 2006, 12:38 AM   #19

There's no way that damage like that is possible. I think you've done all you can. Keep us updated.
Old Feb 1, 2006, 12:41 AM   #20

Just out of curiousity.. I don't know much about these lenses... Is there anyway that the lense she bought from you would fit this camera?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....tem=7571002923

I'm thinking it doesn't.. she didn't figure that out until she bought it.. and found herself a quick way to get a refund.