Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Feb 1, 2006, 12:55 AM   #21

No, the lens would not fit the camera from the site you posted. It would only fit a canon eos camera, film or digital SLR or DSLR. I assumed she had a canon SLRcamera and she says she put the lens on her camera anyway.
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2006, 12:57 AM   #22

looking at the site again, she has sold the Nikon to upgrade to an SLR, and she could have only had the new camera a bit over a month going on the sale date of the Nikon. Maybe she stuffed up somehow with the lens, maybe turned it. It was a push pull mechanism lens
Old Feb 1, 2006, 12:38 PM   #23

Make sure you save the emails that she sent you regarding the wonderful job of packing that you did. It could substantiate the fact that you took all the necessary precautions. Since you did state "no refunds" you might try to offer to pay for half of the cost of repair just to be nice as a settlement and to show ebay that you are willing to work with the buyer even though it was not your fault. It is obvious that the lens is a delicate object and that if misused, she could easily have done that damage. Stick with it and unless she can make the case that the lens was damaged before you sent it, I think you will prevail.

H
bigboyhf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2006, 9:05 AM   #24

just an update, dispute console was open some time ago, she gave the usual crap story as Ive described. I answered her politely then NOTHING. She has made no attempt for a couple of weeks almost to comment.

anyway just received email from ebay, dispute was closed by her today, no feedback yet either, I think shes got another 7 days to do so and I will be keeping an eye on that so I can reply. Im surprised no more was said, starting to believe she broke it herself and was trying me on for a refund.