Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Jun 1, 2006, 9:33 PM   #11

Flare will be a problem for you with any fisheye since the things include half the world and, unless you are shooting down, that tends to place the sun in the photo. For example:

These two shots were taken within minutes of each other from opposite sides of the same tree. The camera was pointed up more than any other direction since I was more or less under the tree. Note the sun is in both pictures (behind branches in one). You will be shooting up with a skateboarder more or less over you on ocassion. The sun will be in those pictures unless the day is cloudy. There will be flare. We can't blame a lens for flare when we compose with the sun in the frame but with 8mm, the trick is to compose any other way.
dougsmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2006, 7:50 PM   #12

so i ordered a peleng, and i got it... but the idiots sent me anikon mount when the auction on ebay specifically said it would fit canon eos mounts.. i don't feel like sending it back so i was wondering if a regular camera store would carry a mount or will i have to order another one online?
unpunkryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2006, 10:21 PM   #13

Large camera stores carry it but eBay is probably easier. Mine came packed with a Nikon maount as well as the M42 which was on the lens. The EOS to M42 adapter was separate but included in the price. As far as I know the Peleng comes with both mounts from the factory but not in a native Canon. Either M42 or Nikon is adaptable to Canon so it makes little difference. If you got the standard pack without the Canon adapter, it is generally cheaper to buy the EOS/M42 adapter than the Nikon.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 10:41 PM   #14

so this'll be fine?

http://cgi.ebay.com/M42-Pentax-Zenit...QQcmdZViewItem
unpunkryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2006, 11:32 PM   #15

I have never seen one that cheap but it says EOS to M42. I have never dealt with this seller (neither good or bad). This does assume that you got the M42 on the Peleng.