Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Sep 5, 2006, 9:42 AM   #1

Last weekend I had the chance of taking pictures of several fireworks displays, the first time since I have this camera (A610).

The first time I used the fireworks preset in the Scene mode and colors were all wrong. All fireworks looked red and yellow no matter their real color. I normally use the "Vivid" color setting to saturate colors a bit and had noticed previously that under low light conditions it tends to over saturate colors, so I turned off this feature the next time. On the second display I got the same results. So I decided the heck with it and go manual. On the third (and last) display I set the camera to shutter priority and an exposure time of 3.2 seconds. Then I set the white balance to fluorescent (which proved to be the most accurate while testing with different lights around) and the ISO setting to 100. This time I got very good results with very good colors and nice and brilliant trails.

Anyone else had a bad experience with the fireworks mode?
luisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 5, 2006, 11:10 AM   #2

I should add that I have got excellent results with some of the other preset modes, so they are not all useless.
luisr is offline   Reply With Quote