Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jun 1, 2003, 9:40 AM   #1
SSD

Default Question for A70 owners!

I just got back some prints taken with my A70 and ordered from www.ofoto.com.
This is the first set of prints I have gotten from the A70 and I must say the pictures were better than I had expected, except for one.

This one picture is of a friends daughter, taken outside in sunlight at ISO 50. No cropping or any digital manipulations were done to this pic. The problem is, her face is full of noise. THe rest of the picture is fine. All of the other people pics taken at the same time are great. Has this happened to anybody else? Does anyone know what may have caused this problem to happen?

Thanks!!!!!
SSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 3, 2003, 1:11 AM   #2

Noise? It's best to take a few more shots and then see if the problem recurs. Does it occur in AUTO mode? If not then the camera is fine. If it is grainy in manual mode then the ISO is set incorrectly. Noise is different from grainy by a long shot. Noise would indicate a problem where as grainy indicates too high of an ISO setting.
CanonGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2003, 8:42 PM   #3
SSD

It was in auto mode and her face has red and green noise all over it. I have never seen anything like it before. All of the other pics were ok.
Old Jun 4, 2003, 9:02 PM   #4

The only thing i can think of is.... What brand of CompactFlash card were you using when the picture was taken? The built in controller may have hiccuped a little. I don't think it was the camera but was instead a write error to the card. Good quality CF cards such as Lexar and Sandisk use write correction and checking. If the card was an inferior or cheap brand well... You get what you pay for. I only use Sandisk. Never ever have had any problems, ever!

I may be way off but you might also want to check out this website URL. Since you said it is a face-only issue then it may be this a well. It's called fringing:

http://www.botzilla.com/photo/G1chroma.html
CanonGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2003, 12:44 AM   #5
SSD

Hi,
Thanks for the replies and the link. I was using the card that came with the camera. I have since then purchased a Sandisk Ultra 256MB card.