Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Sep 17, 2006, 11:10 AM   #1

:?Is which better of the two? A710 or G7?? Money plays for me no role. Do actual sit there not so many difference in between that two apparatuses, yet? I go shortly on holiday to Australie and New Zeeland and will a camera buy that compactly in my hand sit (no SLR, that appears me too awkwardly always to carry during the walk) and that just as beautiful plates (mn nature and animals) can shoot. G7 or A710? Thanks for your reaction.
Elca is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 17, 2006, 5:47 PM   #2

So far as I know, no review based on actual use of either camera has yet been published. Consequently, it's very difficult to forecast how either camera will perform or whether it will suit you.

In your place and with your requirements, especially since you are leaving for your trip very soon, I'd prefer a camera that has had favourable reviews showing that meets those requirements.

Consequently, I'd go & look at the Canon A100 and at the Panasonic FZ7 instead. Both of them seem to fit your needs, though the FZ7 seems to be at its best in bright light. I'd incline to choose the one that you find the easier to handle.

Both this site (Steve's Digicams) and the site Dpreview.com have comprehensive reviews of both the Canon A100 and the Panasonic FZ7.
Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2006, 3:33 AM   #3

Canon A100?? That is really an old correct with 1.2 Megapixels. Certainly a type mistake? Do you mean certain Canon A640 or A700?
Elca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2006, 10:32 AM   #4

OOPS! Yes it was typo.

I meant the Canon A700.
Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2006, 2:52 PM   #5

Sounds like size is a factor, I would then lean toward the A710. The G7 will however have more features, most you will not use. I'm sure both will take fantastic pictures. Also the G7 will not be available for a while. Go with the A710, if you can find it, you won't be dissapointed.
eric93se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2006, 2:57 AM   #6

See...

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/ca...ew/index.shtml

For a review of the A710 IS

Regards

Malcolm
Callum Ferguson is offline   Reply With Quote