Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Oct 15, 2006, 1:36 PM   #1

HI all
I received mine S3 a couple a days ago and noticed that the LCD doesn't snap when open as when it's closed. When it's closed it snaps firmly but when it's open is just snaps softly being one light tap with a finger to unsnap it...
I've seem this isseu refered in other foruns and I'm deciding to return it or not...
Best Regards
Jorge Antunes
Jorge Antunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 15, 2006, 6:50 PM   #2

Jorge,I just got mine yesterday and if I understand your description correctly, mine does the same thing. I believe this is normal for the S3.Chris
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2006, 3:10 PM   #3

Hi Chris,
From what I've red on other foruns this issue is not that normal...
It doesn't bother me that much so I guess I won't return it by now. may be later I take to the canon assistance to see they have to say.
Best regards,
Jorge
Jorge Antunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2006, 12:19 PM   #4

Jorge,

I re-read your original post a couple more times to make sure I understand it. When I first read it, I mis understood. My screen snaps firmly open and a tad bit less firm when closing. As you stated, it doesn't bother me, since I never really gave it a thought. I'm enjoying the S3 way too much right now!!! Hope you are too!!

Chris
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2006, 10:22 PM   #5

Just got my S3 today. The LCD hinge feels just like Target's S3 and Circuit City's S3 and the S2 at my local Meijer store.

When I open the LCD to flip it so it is facing outward (but against the body of the camera) I hear a much softer "click" than when I flip it to put it away, so the LCD faces the camera against its body.

AFAIK this is normal. As far as the amount of force needed to open it (whether to make the LCD face the camera for storage or get it out again) I am satisfied. I don't think this will conflict with the way I use it.

I have no idea whether the LCD hinge will "loosen up" over time, but I am wondering.

saturndude is offline   Reply With Quote