Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Nov 12, 2006, 2:28 PM   #21

Nice pic mister

If i were you, i'd bring the new cool 710 to the belly dancing club(gotany goodin Isreal?) to shoot several hot shots:|

and share with everybody here.
caddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2006, 11:19 PM   #22

Shalom Caddie!

I can't walk easily, so "Night Club"...is ONLY a dream for me yet!

Be well!:?

Peace,

Alex 007:|
Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2006, 8:13 AM   #23

Dear Canon P&S Lovers!

From today, another sample....using always the "Tinny" viewfinder...as a sunny day like today; trough the 2.5" back LCD...can't see nothing!

For your sole enjoyment

Peace,

Attached Images

Old Nov 14, 2006, 12:53 AM   #24

Dear Canon Fans!

I was looking forward, if with my lovely A-710 IS...it's possible to change Sharpness, Contrast, Hue, Saturation...as I read twice my already transferred user manual in English from the Australian web...I seriously...can't recall nothing in this issue...it's true that Canon don't provide such feature with my acquired model?:!:

Thanks in advance for your input

Peace,

Attached Images

Old Nov 14, 2006, 4:56 AM   #25

Alex,
like you I have a KM 7D and I think with its small size and prize the A710IS is a good supplement for such a DSLR. I ordered one yesterday. This thread was one reason.
kassandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2006, 8:01 AM   #26

Dear Kassandro,

Bravo..., I'm extremely happy owning these two lovely digicams the DSLR KM Dynax 7D, & now for my first time in 63 years that I acquired a Canon one.

When I walk, for sure now i will take with me ONLY the P&S 710 IS, instead the DSLR...as it's so bulky...at my age...bulk meaning something for me:?

I can assure you that you will be extremely dilight with this lovely P&S one...as here still sunny days I 99% use at "P"...80 ISO fix...& you can see the results:P

Please, do not hesitate informing us; how you like or dislike this lovely P&S camera. Thanks so much:-)

Peace,

Attached Images

Old Nov 16, 2006, 10:51 PM   #27

Does anyone know if when you increase the sharpness in the Custom Color menu, do the settings still apply when you go to another mode?
outpost05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2006, 11:08 PM   #28

Dear Outpost05!

Yes It found where it's possible can change the default sharpness, contrast, it's "On my Colors" at custom...I will changed it close the camera open it again & see if still as I set up...100% already I know that when I change the "meter" to spot...when I shut off the camera returns to "Matrix" position.

I will inform you!:P

Peace,

Attached Images

Old Nov 17, 2006, 3:07 AM   #29

Hello outpost05!

As I promised you, just finish to check what you ask me...move sharpness +2 & Saturation +1 shut down the power after that i set theses parameters, was on "P"...move the wheel to "Tv", again shut down and again power on move to"Av"...and finally to "M"...when I return to green "AUTO"...the possibility of "Custom Colors" is disabled.:P

So...100% I can assure you that WHEN you set any other option; that the factory "Default"...middle of the possiblenesses, doesn't matter what you decided "P-Tv-Av-M".your selection WILL REMAIN ALL THE TIME...till you change them.

I really hope that I help you in good manner:idea:

Peace,

Old Nov 17, 2006, 6:17 PM   #30

Hello Everyone-

I just found this thread and enjoyed the nice photos from Israel. I'm also an A710IS owner but have a few complaints...perhaps someone can comment with suggestions. I like a big zoom and migrated tothe A710ISfrom an Oly 750 with 10X zoom. I wanted a smaller camera and the 6X zoom with optical viewfinder were the selling points. I live in Arizona where the sun is bright....anddiscovered theLCD is very hard to see. I can take pictures OK (thanks to the OVF) but adjusting the shooting details is hard. I really miss the EVF!

Another problem involves the shooting modes. I take pictures at my kids sporting events, but the Kids and Pets mode is not giving good results. It has been fixing the exposure at F8 and 1/250...not even adjusting for the light! An email to Canon yielded a response that I should reset the camera....but there is no documentation saying what the modes actually should do! I checked out the manual from the Australian website...it matches the printed one I got with the camera...but not enough details to be helpful.

If anyone has any good solutions for me please let me know.

steve
hansenaz is offline   Reply With Quote