Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Nov 18, 2006, 12:28 AM   #31

Hello Steve,

From my more of 4 decades as a photographer, try the "Av" setting selecting manually ISO 80 the lowest possible with our camera..."Top Quality"...full Noise/Grain free...during a sunny day there in Arisona, is very close to here in Israel...select before you begin shooting in your home F-11 or 8...so the camera with this selected F stop will decide which shutter speed use. As your kids or pets move very fast...could be that the camera will get difficult to focus himself...among us my dear Steve, I don't have yet...little kids, & my 2 dogs..my elderly son take a lot of photos of them with his Nikon D-70 outfit..! leaving me free of that unpleasantly job. Take in account that the tiny viewfinder at maximum 6X tele position the accurately is very low..OK the Olympus have more optical zoom but with NO IS...if really you are looking for more zoom change our lovely pocked size A-710 IS for the S3 IS little more money, superbly 10X zoom lens EVF finder...bigger that our A-710-IS one and I'm 100% sure that you will be much more happier using this S3 IS one.
Really Steve I hope that I help you with your problem, only please drop any results input with us

Peace,

Alex007:|
Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2006, 4:26 AM   #32

Hello Canon P & S fans!

Today for the first time, I "Test' the Macro feature/characteristic, & I'm very pleased to share with you the results...(BTW...sorry that you can't share with all you; a piece of this fantastic cake!):blah:

The camera as is for good set to "P", + of course shoot with the built in flash.

Enjoy,

Peace,

Alex oo7:|
Attached Images

Old Nov 21, 2006, 3:05 PM   #33

Maybe a stupid question, but does the optical viewfinder zoom in as well as you zoom in with the lens? Since I'm about to buy an a630, this would be very pretty to know! thx
stefaantje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2006, 12:02 AM   #34

Yes, the optical viewfinder zooms when the lens zooms.

Of course if you have digital zoom on, the optical lens stops zooming when the digital zoom kicks in.
outpost05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2006, 12:04 AM   #35

Thanks Alex for the "Custom Colors/Sharpness" information!
outpost05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2006, 4:20 AM   #36

Dear Stefaantje,

I read that you already get a cute response from outpost05, but my wonder is; WHY you decided for the A-630 one?:!:
For a few more Euros you can purchase like me & you will obtain more longer zoom 6x instead 4x in the A-630/640 & the MOST important or imperative "IS" (Stabilizer)
OK...I agreed that NO swing rear LCD...but to my learnedness "IS"...is much more important that swinger LCD...but what is very good for me to others it's not

Today a new photo of leaves near my home for you all Canon P & S fans/devotees

Peace,

Alex 007:|
Attached Images

Old Nov 23, 2006, 11:26 AM   #37

A few euros more is about €100 more over here in Belgium..

299 for the a630

399 for the a710is

And, the 630 uses 4*AA, so longer life and faster flash recycle. And isn't the a710 much smaller? With a solid grip (= big volume, like on the a630) the chance of getting sharper pics is reasonably higher i guess..
stefaantje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2006, 2:51 AM   #38

My dear Stefaantje,

No I don't think...that your selection is good...Sorry!

OK...maybe 4 cells will give you more pictures, faster flash charge...BUT...& BUT..."IS".+ longer & sharper 6x optical lens (Same that the G-7) use...is more important...also the smaller grip because two cells & not 4....for my hands it's OK!

But you decide alone...what is best for your pocket & photos:idea:

Peace,

Old Nov 30, 2006, 4:07 AM   #39

Hello my dear Canon lovers!

Today, for the first time I move from "P" to "Av"...so the F stop was selected by the camera to F:7. I decided to use the camera selected F stop & shoot this rose from our garden with the built in flash set at -1 flash output, if I recall well the camera selected, 1/60seg I use the "Macro" feature...& here is the results!

Peace,

Attached Images

Old Dec 2, 2006, 4:53 AM   #40

I received my A710 on Tuesday and I love it! My one problem is, how can I transfer files to my computer through USB so that Windows sees the SD card as a mass storage device, like it would a USB flash drive? I do not want to install the unnecessary Canon software.

Plugging in the USB cable disables controls on the camera. This is supposed to happen, right?
qlat is offline   Reply With Quote