Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Dec 2, 2006, 5:23 AM   #41

Dear Glat,

I also never install any digital camera software...as I download to my Picasa 2.5 photo organizer, is true that when I plug in the USB white cord...my XP-Pro software ask ne where to download, inside the built in location,Window software, I "Close" such window, & press "Import Photos" in the Picasa software..so all the photos are extremely fast downloaded...as my new "mother Board' accept USB-2, & our lovely A-720 IS provided FULL USB-2 facilities.

I recommended you to dounlad the Picasa 2.5 totally FREE from Google...and I can assure you that you will be 100% happy, with it!

Good Luck!

Peace,

Alex 007:|
Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2006, 1:26 AM   #42

stefaantje wrote:
Quote:
A few euros more is about €100 more over here in Belgium..

299 for the a630

399 for the a710is

And, the 630 uses 4*AA, so longer life and faster flash recycle. And isn't the a710 much smaller? With a solid grip (= big volume, like on the a630) the chance of getting sharper pics is reasonably higher i guess..
Your prices in Belgium are way to high. I paid 230€ for my A710 + 10€ for shipping. I have compared the A630 and the A710 in this thread
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=87
kassandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2006, 10:34 PM   #43

First, Hello to the forum, my first post in here :bye:.

Thanks Alex for your attached photos, great ones.
I am interested in buying a A710IS for christmas, I've loocked at some other cams for example Olympus SP-510 UZ for the same price, but this canon, I think, is better and much compacter.
This would be my first Canon, or if you want, my first decent camera at all because at this time I only own a very, very bad no zoom, 2Mp 'thing' . I think I'll stop searching for another camera, this A710IS seems to be perfect for me.

@kassandro: Are these 230€ with taxes ? It's a very good price, where do you get it ? Here in Spain I found this camera for 266€ (incl.tax/excl.ship)

Best regards from Spain .

kassandro wrote:
Your prices in Belgium are way to high. I paid 230€ for my A710 + 10€ for shipping. I have compared the A630 and the A710 in this thread
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...19&forum_id=87
[/quote]
Hurky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2006, 12:14 AM   #44

Hello Hurky,

Yes go for this lovely A-710 IS...has an a very important feature, that the second one Olympus...don't "STABILIZER".

Buena suerte...soy Peruano!:bye:

Peace,

Alex007:|
Old Dec 8, 2006, 5:50 AM   #45

Hurky wrote:
Quote:
@kassandro: Are these 230€ with taxes ? It's a very good price, where do you get it ? Here in Spain I found this camera for 266€ (incl.tax/excl.ship)
Yes that price did include 16% VAT. However, the camera was labled as B ware. Perhaps it has been placed in a show case before. On the other hand the camera looked untouched. Even the foil on the LCD was still there. I am quite certain that there was never a battery in this camera before and I got the full EU warranty. Thus for me it is just like a new camera. Your 266€ is a very competitive price as you can see from our lowest "normal" price here:
http://geizhals.at/deutschland/a214824.html
Old Dec 16, 2006, 9:00 AM   #46

Look what Stabilizer "IS" do!!!

I call to my new from today photo "Super Nature!

Have a nice 2007 year all of you

Peace,

Alex 007:|
Attached Images

Old Dec 16, 2006, 6:48 PM   #47

Hello,

I joined this forum to compare the G7, A710, and SD series. I am very impressed with the A710 image quality. I would like to know if there are any negatives with the camera and what 'workarounds' you have that keep you happy with it.

The one thing I read was that the A710 flash recharge takes at least 5s, and you can't preview the image in that time. Is that bothersome? It's one thing that would make me consider the G7 instead.
cgl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2006, 12:58 AM   #48

The long flash recycle time doesn't bother me much. I use the flash only rarely anyway. The whimpy flash is probably the price, which you have to pay for the two battery design. On the other hand, if you have two good NiMH batteries you can shoot surprisingly many pictures with a single battery charge.
The cheap plastic tripod mount is probably the worst design flaw of the camera. It is also placed at the very right side (seen from the from) of the camera. Nevertheless because of the light weight, the camera can be used on a mini tripod. Otherwise the build quality of the A710 is remarkably good.
Because the A710 and the significantly more expensive G7 have similar specs, Canon removed various features from the firmware to make the G7 more attractive. For instance there is no exposure bracketing, the pano assist supports only horizontal panos and there is only one burst mode (the G7 and the S3 have two).
Old Dec 17, 2006, 8:57 AM   #49

The flash does have a seemingly long recycle time but it doesn't seem too important to me. On the upside, I find the flash to be remarkably good. I can shoot a picture at long distance and it's still bright. You'll like the 710.

Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2006, 8:48 PM   #50

hola alex, podrias ayudarme? intento hacer una foto parecida a la IMG_0080.jpg que has subido. Pero no logro tener una imagen en primer plano con el fondo difuso.
saludos
shadeofblue is offline   Reply With Quote