Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Dec 20, 2006, 11:55 PM   #51

shadeofblue wrote:
Quote:
hola alex, podrias ayudarme? intento hacer una foto parecida a la IMG_0080.jpg que has subido. Pero no logro tener una imagen en primer plano con el fondo difuso.
saludos
Hola!

Es la foto con "Lentejas" color marron?

Yo uso el organizador de fotos Picasa de la Goggle totalmente gratuito, ahora salio la versión 2.6, que es la que tendrás si bajas este programa! Si tu idioma principal en tu computadora es Castellano, automáticamente se bajara en Castellano!. Allá en "Efectos"...,hay el efecto "Enfoque Suave"...te da la opción de escoger cuanto efecto deseas. Solo uso este programa cual para mi uso me cubre todo lo que necesito...incluyendo envió, de fotos directamente con el programa.

Escr*beme avisándome si te pude ayudar?

Saludos y exitoso 2007!

Alex 007:|
Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2006, 12:04 AM   #52

Alex 007 wrote:
Quote:
Dear Glat,

I recommended you to dounlad the Picasa 2.5 totally FREE from Google...and I can assure you that you will be 100% happy, with it!

Good Luck!

Peace,

Alex, a great program, indeed. I installed this for my mother this past weekend to use with her Canon A-series camera. She didn't have anything other than what Canon included in the box and I recalled this link and your suggestion. Thank you. She now has a program that fits her styleperfectly. For something totally free, it provides some very nice controls.

Greg
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2006, 12:12 AM   #53

Greg Chappell wrote:
Quote:
Alex 007 wrote:
Quote:
Dear Glat,

I recommended you to dounlad the Picasa 2.5 totally FREE from Google...and I can assure you that you will be 100% happy, with it!

Good Luck!

Peace,

Alex, a great program, indeed. I installed this for my mother this past weekend to use with her Canon A-series camera. She didn't have anything other than what Canon included in the box and I recalled this link and your suggestion. Thank you. She now has a program that fits her styleperfectly. For something totally free, it provides some very nice controls.

Greg
Dear Greg,

I'm extremely happy...I'm sure that you downloaded that last one 2.6 one? As this one corrects all the "Bugs'...that the previous one has!

Have a nice 2007 year!:idea:

Peace,

Old Dec 26, 2006, 3:46 AM   #54

Hello Folks!

Looking forward for the "First" snow here where I live, be glad & happy looking my today shoot!

My best wishes for all of you during the complete new 2007 year!

Peace, to all of you!

Attached Images

Old Dec 30, 2006, 5:45 PM   #55

Well! Alex, thanks for posting all your lovely pics. as they are just he sor to fsubjects I also like to take they are very helpful as I try to decide between the 710is and the g7. Either one would be my third Canon digi, also I've had a Nikon coolpix 885 for a few years that my 12 year old daughter uses now. I've been using a Canon S1 is for a few years but really want to upgrade now. I've enjoyed the large zoom and have almost bagged an S3 IS several times but it's just so large to tote around. Certainly it seems that the general image quality of the 710is and the g7 is pretty close and money isn't really much of a factor. I like what the 710is does and its size is nice (I wish it was black but you can't have everything:-)). I'm really wanting to get back to "real" picture taking like back in the range finder days of film adn so of course I like the g7's manual control setup. Sooo... my question to all you 710is folks is this: how does the built-in flash do? The one thing the g7 has that I really like as a feature (the camera feels better to hold and shoot withthan anything i've touched in years, hey, it's actually made of metal) is that hot-shoe. All the knocks against Canon and their general low light noise problems would seem to be done away with by having a good speedlight way up above. Any thoughts would be welcome becasue obviously the 710is is a great design.
rvrndkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2006, 9:45 PM   #56

rvrndkool wrote:
Quote:
Well! Alex, thanks for posting all your lovely pics. as they are just he sor to fsubjects I also like to take they are very helpful as I try to decide between the 710is and the g7. Either one would be my third Canon digi, also I've had a Nikon coolpix 885 for a few years that my 12 year old daughter uses now. I've been using a Canon S1 is for a few years but really want to upgrade now. I've enjoyed the large zoom and have almost bagged an S3 IS several times but it's just so large to tote around. Certainly it seems that the general image quality of the 710is and the g7 is pretty close and money isn't really much of a factor. I like what the 710is does and its size is nice (I wish it was black but you can't have everything:-)). I'm really wanting to get back to "real" picture taking like back in the range finder days of film adn so of course I like the g7's manual control setup. Sooo... my question to all you 710is folks is this: how does the built-in flash do? The one thing the g7 has that I really like as a feature (the camera feels better to hold and shoot withthan anything i've touched in years, hey, it's actually made of metal) is that hot-shoe. All the knocks against Canon and their general low light noise problems would seem to be done away with by having a good speedlight way up above. Any thoughts would be welcome becasue obviously the 710is is a great design.
Hi!

IF...you want to use an a externally flash...the G7 is your prime selection, as both HAS the same lens Also both have all the "Photographers" usefully modes as Manual, Aperture & Shutter selection...NOT metal constructed, little bit smaller (G-7 MUCH better handling facility)...G-7 near $: 200.00 more expensive...I selected the A-710 IS first for the price secondly size! But really you really needed to select by yourself!:P

Have a nice working 2007 year & peace,

Old Dec 30, 2006, 10:48 PM   #57

You're sure right about that. I'll keep thinking about it and either way I'll be happy with my next Canon... or the new Nikon D-40. Ahhhh!!!:?

You also, have a happy, productive and safe New year. With prayers for shalom in our hearts for our broken world.
rvrndkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2007, 2:40 AM   #58

Hello to all A-710 IS users!

Today I try a new Kingston 1gb SD card, & a example of my first try "Macro + Flash" photo shoot from today!

Enjoy;

Peace,

Attached Images

Old Jan 9, 2007, 8:43 AM   #59

Alex - beautiful photo - colors are very sharp and what they say about A710 is correct: image quality is very nice.

Is there anything BAD about the A710? I read on dcresource forum the flash makes skin very 'fleshy' and you need to set white balance. is this true? Is there any other challege - i'm sure each has good solutions Chris
cgl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2007, 1:58 PM   #60

cgl88 wrote:
Quote:
Alex - beautiful photo - colors are very sharp and what they say about A710 is correct: image quality is very nice.

Is there anything BAD about the A710? I read on dcresource forum the flash makes skin very 'fleshy' and you need to set white balance. is this true? Is there any other challege - i'm sure each has good solutions Chris
Hello Chris,

For me the only issue is the very slow "Recharging time" of the flash, honestly till today I don't shoot any human using the internally flash...so I can't approve that

Also as the focus is "Passive"...MUST a little bit "Contrastively/Contrasting"...the point where you want to allow to the camera to make focus...if NOT...always will be red/orange color instead Green..., & your picture will be not 100% razor sharp.

Thats are "For Me" all the defects!

Chris...I add another sample from two days earlier...B&W...I hope that you will love it!

Peace,

Attached Images