Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jan 9, 2007, 3:14 PM   #61

hey.

just got my A710 yesterday, and it's great!

I was only wondering; should the IS system make so much noise? it b**** me when i capture a video, the IS interupts the image... shakes in a weird sort of way.

Could the camera be corrupted?
bwxp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2007, 1:33 AM   #62

bwxp2 wrote:
Quote:
hey.

I was only wondering; should the IS system make so much noise? it b**** me when i capture a video, the IS interupts the image... shakes in a weird sort of way.

Welcome!

Which kind of noise did you detected? As i want to apologize, I acquired this lovely camera...ONLY for photos...NOT to do movies...so sorry I can't advise you in this particularly "Bug"...if any?:P

Peace,

Alex 007:|
Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2007, 5:15 AM   #63

It's like a klung noise, but the more important is that picture shown in the LCD shakes left and right. (which also captured in the film.)

The noise seem to be the focus auto adjustments or the correct working order of the IS.

Thanks anyway.
bwxp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2007, 5:26 AM   #64

Be my guest!

My advise is to buy a camcorder for movies & the A-710 for Stills ONLY!:P

Peace,

Old Jan 10, 2007, 4:25 PM   #65

bwxp2 wrote:
Quote:
hey.

There must be something wrong with your camera. I already shot quite a few videos with my A710. The image stabiliser makes camera motion quite smooth. Video quality of the A710 is quite good. On the other hand audio quality is very poor.
kassandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2007, 4:02 AM   #66

kassandro wrote:
Quote:
bwxp2 wrote:
Quote:
hey.

There must be something wrong with your camera. I already shot quite a few videos with my A710. The image stabiliser makes camera motion quite smooth. Video quality of the A710 is quite good. On the other hand audio quality is very poor.
Dear Kassandro,

Always I think that a camera mainly designed for "Stills"...MUST be use it for photos...for movies it's as I 4 decades believe...MUST use a camcorder! OK...now also from your "Mobile/Cellular" newer phones you can shoot still & movie photos...but as I like "Quality"...never I will purchase any of those mobile/cellular types...for me this gadgets are for speak ONLY!!!:P

Enjoy BTW...my today shoot photography!

Peace,

Attached Images

Old Jan 11, 2007, 8:45 AM   #67

Alex,
you are quite right that the A710 is primarily built for still pictures. However, for me the A710 is primarily an "always with me cam" and you simply can't carry araound an additional camcorder for movies. The comparison is was cell phones is not valid. Their image quality compared with a real camera like the A710 is much worse than the video quality of the A710 compared with a real camcorder. Actually the video quality of the A710 is not far away from a camcorder and clearly better than the older analog video cams. Only the Audio is poor and you also can't switch to 25 fps used in Europe and Israel for TV.
kassandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2007, 9:49 AM   #68

kassandro wrote:
Quote:
Alex,
you are quite right that the A710 is primarily built for still pictures. However, for me the A710 is primarily an "always with me cam" and you simply can't carry araound an additional camcorder for movies. The comparison is was cell phones is not valid. Their image quality compared with a real camera like the A710 is much worse than the video quality of the A710 compared with a real camcorder. Actually the video quality of the A710 is not far away from a camcorder and clearly better than the older analog video cams. Only the Audio is poor and you also can't switch to 25 fps used in Europe and Israel for TV.
Dear Kassandro,

Yes I agreed 100%...that our lovely A-710 produce a much better quality "AS" a movie camera that any today newer cellular phone.
What you wrote me that "Can't" be use fully in "Pal" system...is bad, BUT...maybe I'm NOT 100% sure that the officially "Imported" Canon A-710 to Germany or any country in Europe, which use "Pal" system this "Specific" 25 Fps "Bug"...is solved...my acquired Canon is "Specifically" made for Japan country, also the Instructions & Warranty is written in Nippon language. BUT...But...as among us my dear Kassandro I never will use my lovely A-710 as a movie camera...this issue don't bother/incommode me...:P

My best wishes always:roll:

Old Jan 11, 2007, 8:24 PM   #69

Different strokes for different folks,........I use my A710 PRIMARILY for videos and they are very good. I also take stills of course and they are fine. The video clips are virtually not distinguishable in quality from my Canon DVD camcorder. I needed something I could always have in my shirt pocket on quail hunting trips that could be operated with one hand and took both good stills and videos. The S3 was my first choice but it's simply too large. The A710 is perfect. I get great stills and video clips of the dogs in action, pointing and retrieving quail. The sound on the video is not perfect but it makes a pretty good video diary of my hunting trips.

I certainly don't care if anyone ever takes a video with their A710 but I'd suggest to not knock it if you haven't tried it.

Specifically to the question of the vibration etc when taking videos, that is definitely not normal. The IS on the 710 in video mode is quiet and very, very steady.
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2007, 12:57 AM   #70

Anybody try a full battery burn test with the 710 yet.... just to see what she'll do on 2 AAs? I did, in movie mode, and was surprised at the results :shock:.

Movie mode just seemed to be a much more controllable battery test. # of pictures seemed way too variable (what size, over how many days (NiMh self-discharge), how long LCD running, how long composing, flash, I/S, etc) and I certainly didn't want just sit there pushing the button a couple hundred times.

Anybody?:?:
reppans is offline   Reply With Quote