Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Dec 16, 2006, 10:50 PM   #1

Hi,

I need help and would appreciate any advice someone can give me. I previously had the Canon Powershot S2IS and loved it...but it broke so it was replaced with the Canon Powershot S3IS. I nstalled all the software (the newer version over the older version that came with my other canon. The software now is ZoomBrowser EX version 5.6. My problem that really bothers me is that all my videos are a bit choppy when viewed. Even videos previously taken with Sony camcorder. This does not make me a happy camper. I had no problems with previous version of this Canonsoftware but now I am thinking it might be conflicting with something. There are about 10 Canon items in my Add/Remove programs from this software. Do you think I should try to uninstall the "Canon Movie Edit Task for ZoomBrowser EX (version 2.2.013)? Will I still be able to upload my videos. Also , will the quality of the videos be the same if I delete all of this software and just copy them from Camera to computer then edit with Pinnacle Video software? I basically want to know how to get rid of this choppiness in all of my present videos. Also wondering if it's the codec...but if I uninstall that, will I be able to view my Canon videos at all?

HELP PLEASE :sad:

Thanks in advance

Sally B
Sally B is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 17, 2006, 7:19 AM   #2

Sally, my advice would be to uninstall everything, run a registry cleaner if you have one and then reinstall the S3 supplied software. I also have had problems installing Canon software over the top of old software.
mrcoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2006, 12:10 PM   #3

There is a Zoombrowser 5.7 on Canon's site, but I don't think the updates apply to your difficulties. The S3 saves as an .avi file which is Quicktime. Try to play back with that or download the latest from their website. Good luck with it.
da180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2006, 12:47 AM   #4

Ok Thank you Mcroon, but I am not sure that I have a Registry Cleaner, is there one in Windows XP service Pack 2 or My McCafee software? If I don't have one, will it still be ok to uninstall and then reinstall? And Geeez there are a lot of components to uninstall, at least 10.....did you have the same?

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond and offer your good advice, I appreciate that very much!

Sincerely,

Sally
Old Dec 19, 2006, 12:50 AM   #5

I also thank you for that da 180, but even if I play it in quicktime, I want to be able to edit it using my Pinnacle video software....where it it still a bit choppy. But I will definetely give it a try. I did see the update as well, But I agree that this will probably not solve my problem at this point.

Thanks a bunch and I really appreciate your help.

Sally.. :-)
Old Dec 19, 2006, 2:40 PM   #6

Just Google "Registry Cleaner" like this:

http://www.google.com/search?as_q=&h...mp;safe=images

Or: http://www.google.com/search?as_q=&h...mp;safe=images

And you'll see several good possibilities. Best thing to do is find a trial version that has complete functionality. Then you can clean up your registry without buying it, if you do not want to.

I used 2 different pieces of software: JV16 (http://www.jv16.org/) and RegCure (http://www.regcure.com/) and can recommend both.

mrcoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2006, 12:18 AM   #7

Thanks mrcoons, but I am afraid to try these "unknown" registry cleaners..

Do you think My McAfee "quick clean " product that came with my virus scan will do the job?