Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Dec 26, 2006, 7:08 PM   #1

Got the camera yesterday. The photos I took last night are great except for red eye and I probably had not turned on as didn't read manual!!! I really wanted the viewfinder and this little camera has it. OK when I go to take a photo there is a hand with little ((( ))) beside it. This is on in every image I go to take. When I had this icon show up in my Fuji camera it indicated shake or not to take the photo. I cannot find anything about this icon in the manual. Can anyone help me as to what this hand means?

Thanks.

Shari
Shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 27, 2006, 12:36 AM   #2

Hi Shari,
This icon indicates that the Image Stabilization is in continuous mode. This info is on pages 28-29 of the manual. Hope this helps.
Cheers.
goomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2006, 1:18 AM   #3

Thanks goomer, Found it now on p 35 in my manual. Do you have this camera and do you have bad red eye with every flash photo? Thanks.

Shari
Old Dec 27, 2006, 2:02 AM   #4

Sorry Shari, I have the A710 IS and thought you did too. Clearly the icons are the same though. I haven't had any issues with red eye but I guess that doesn't help you much since they're different models...sorry.
goomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2006, 1:16 PM   #5

Thanks again. I have two weeks to decide on this camera. Santa got it at London Drugs so it can go back for 15 days after Christmas - no questions asked. Other than the red eye I like it. I do work with PSE5 so no problem with taking the red eyes out - it is just with my two Fuji's I never had this problem. So, did you get a big dump of snow today like Penticton? My younger sister has a condo at Sun Peaks and my other sister and her kids were going up today to use it for a few days if the Koke was OK for driving. We hiked in the alpine flowers at Sun Peaks this summer and did I get some great photos with my Fuji S5200. Great area to live.

Shari
Old Feb 24, 2007, 8:41 PM   #6

Unfortunately, redeye is a problem of all small cameras with a flash that is close to the lens. Photoshop Elements or other software programs can correct redeye, as can some of the online programs for ordering prints or kiosks at places like Walmart. If you want to eliminate a redeye problem, you need a digital slr with an external flash.
Shooting at a higher ISO without flash can also prevent redeye.

Bryan
BryanBoulier is offline   Reply With Quote