Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Dec 28, 2006, 4:38 PM   #1

Please help me. Almost everytime I have used my new camera I have consistently blurred pictures which is why I bought this camera in the first place. Plus the Christms tree lights have light streaks coming from them. The image stabilizer is on. I am very disappointed in this camera. Am I doing something wrong? I upgraded to this camera after a lot of great reviews but never had this problem on my old Olympus. I would appreciate any help anyone could give me.:sad:
shannan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 28, 2006, 7:40 PM   #2

Make sure the camera is in the auto mode. I noticed the same problem when I had the setting on night or fireworks. I've taken many a Christmas light photos and they turned out great, especially with the flash turned on.
inazsully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2006, 9:18 PM   #3

That explains the trouble with the lights. I think I did have it set on night mode. What about the blur. I get it with all types of pictures.

Thanks.
shannan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2007, 2:03 AM   #4

Make sure you haven't accidentally set it to either manual focus or macro mode. Both buttons are on the left side of the lens (as viewed from the rear). I've accidentally bumped them a few times myself. I've had my S2 IS since June 2006 and have been very happy with it. You can see some of my photos at http://www.dma.org/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=DaveLundy All the photos in the "Luminary Walk", "Beavercreek Wetlands", "Cox Arboretum", "Fireworks @ WPAFB's 2006 Tattoo", "An Afternoon Walk", and "Toronto 2005" albums were shot with my S2 IS, as well as several in the 2006 sub-album of the "Hummingbirds" album.
DaveLundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2007, 8:05 AM   #5

depends on how low ur shutter speed is as well....IS will let you go down to 1/10 if you have very steady hands...there used ot be an S2 tips page, it talks about using P mode and adjust ISO to max 400 for some clean images

http://www.dcresource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10364

wisely_foolish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2007, 11:31 PM   #6

If you are taking low light photos you may need a tripod to keep from streaking, IS won't help with that. Either that or use a faster shutter speed.
pagerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2007, 12:12 PM   #7

Also remember to half-press the shutter release button to focus before your shot, making sure that you have the green rectangle in the viewfinder.
rtronick is offline   Reply With Quote