Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Dec 30, 2006, 2:40 PM   #1

I love my Canon S400 and recently upgraded to the Canon SD630. I love all the features with SD630 but I am puzzled with the picture quality. All the pictures that I took with the SD630 in the highest setting in auto mode, the pictures are very grainy when I zoomed in. I use Macromedia Fireworks to do the touch up for the pictures in the past, and it is impossible to do so now because the pictures are so grainy. It will be appreciated if anyone can explain to me and tell me why.:sad:

I am new to the site and this is my very first posting. I didn't realize that I had posted the same message a few times by mistake and I didn't know how to delete the duplicated ones. Sorry for the inconvenience.
cslee168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 30, 2006, 7:35 PM   #2

cslee168 wrote:
Quote:
I love my Canon S400 and recently upgraded to the Canon SD630. I love all the features with SD630 but I am puzzled with the picture quality. All the pictures that I took with the SD630 in the highest setting in auto mode, the pictures are very grainy when I zoomed in. I use Macromedia Fireworks to do the touch up for the pictures in the past, and it is impossible to do so now because the pictures are so grainy. It will be appreciated if anyone can explain to me and tell me why.:sad:
Dood, you only need to MAKE A NEW THREAD /ONCE/ !!! It's holiday time so people may not be around to answer your questions all the time. PLEASE BE PATIENT and others will help when they are free.

I'm not familiar with the use of the SD630 tho I've seen it in person. I would try changing the ISO settings to say 100-200 and take your photos normally. It would reduce the grainage I would think.

Sorry for the yelling before on the top but I come on and see this posted like 5 times and it kind of spams the board. Just make a thread once and everyone once in a while bump the thread up by posting in the thread you already made so others can see it on the top.

Zero_Enigma
zero_enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2007, 9:57 AM   #3

Common reasons for grainy pictures:

1. Using a high ISO. Sometimes you have no choice; fast moving subjects in low light need the high ISO if the camera's lens is not so fast, or not so close subjects need the high ISO when the camera flash is not so strong.

2. Using digital zoom (or letting the digital zoom kick in). IMHO digital zoom is a useless feature, you can do the same thing on your computerafter downloading the memory card/stick. Again you may have no choice if the optical zoom doesn't go far enough.

ajaynejr is offline   Reply With Quote