Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jan 4, 2007, 6:41 PM   #1

Any opinions on the G7 versus the SD-900. Steve seems to give both a good review.
TTT103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 4, 2007, 10:11 PM   #2
Administrator

Comparing the G7 and SD900 is an "apples and oranges" kind of thing really. The SD900 is a pocket size camera with 3x lens and auto exposure and the G7 is a mid-size camera that has every exposure mode possible, a 6x lens with IS and can even accept an external flash. IMHO you are going to get better pictures with the G7 because of its size and IS it's going to consistentlyyield sharper images. The larger diameter lens is a real plus too - better lens = better images.

steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2007, 6:42 AM   #3

Steve: Thank you for the information. I was leaning towards the G7, but was really impressed with your review results of the SD900 so wanted to bounce it off of you. I'm looking more for quality than I am for size, as I have Casio and Nikon pocket sized digicams. However, I didn't want something so large that it resembled an SLR.

Although I've taken some photography courses, I still consider myself an amateur, but thought the G7 might provide me with many more options than the SD900.

Thanks again.
TTT103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2007, 6:54 AM   #4

Sorry to jump a little off topic, but Steve between the G7 and the S3 IS what would you choose, i sold my A620 and am looking into the S3 IS as a back up camera for my 350D thanks...
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2007, 1:46 PM   #5

Not trying to be Steve or anything...but you're better off comparing the S3-IS and the Sony DSC-H5. I would really like the G7's size and ease of use compared to the mentioned models though.
cgl88 is offline   Reply With Quote