Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jan 17, 2007, 10:02 AM   #1

I have had my A620 since last July and still having trouble. One problem is pictures look "soft", as if they have a haze to them. I would like them to look more sharp and crisp. Also people or objects that are the center of the photo are bright, even in auto setting. I have tried turning off the flash but then their dark. Also if I don't use the Tv setting things are blury. I have tried steadying my arms by my side, no luck. Like when I tried to take a picture of our Christmas tree indoors using night setting. It came out so blury you couldn't tell what it even was. I was trying to take a picture of it so I could see the twinkling lights, I have this problem with Fireworks too, blury and excessively bright. I am ready to give up. I have read the manual numerous times. I just can't figure it out. Any tips would be aprreciated. Thanks. Wendy
wendyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 19, 2007, 4:54 PM   #2

Hi Wendy............I see noones come back to you. I'm no expert on digicams, but I have the A610 which is virtually identical to your model and all I can offer is that I certainly don't experience what you are suffering. There may be something wrong with your cam and perhaps it might be wise for Canon to look it over.

Do come back and let us know what transpires won't you and good luck.
Almar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2007, 2:53 PM   #3

I am also an owner of a 620 and have not had any issues with the camera. The photos meet my expectations, and I recently took some firework pictures (with some camera shake) but for the rest they were fine.
Something is probably wrong with your camera. Do you have any sample photos? People on this forum could probably say if your camera is the problem or not.
Good luck.
damc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2007, 11:18 AM   #4

I have a Canon A610. I am a somewhat experienced camera user (but not a pro), going from an all manual film SLR to digital a few years ago. My previous digital camera was an Olympus C5050. I replaced it because it was slow. The Canon had great reviews. However, I have always had somewhat low quality (out of focus pictures and noise) photos. I thought it might just be the"slr snob factor". Recently, the quality has gotten worse. Changing settingsis not a fix. The photos are not something I would share or put into a cheap photo book.

I have searched the web to find other folks with similar problems with their Canon A6xx, but still find that most people like this series.

Good luck on finding a solution. I will follow this discussion and hope someone offers some ideas.
minneapolils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2007, 1:39 AM   #5

wendyg wrote:
Quote:
I have had my A620 since last July and still having trouble. One problem is pictures look "soft", as if they have a haze to them. I would like them to look more sharp and crisp. Also people or objects that are the center of the photo are bright, even in auto setting. I have tried turning off the flash but then their dark. Also if I don't use the Tv setting things are blury. I have tried steadying my arms by my side, no luck. Like when I tried to take a picture of our Christmas tree indoors using night setting. It came out so blury you couldn't tell what it even was. I was trying to take a picture of it so I could see the twinkling lights, I have this problem with Fireworks too, blury and excessively bright. I am ready to give up. I have read the manual numerous times. I just can't figure it out. Any tips would be aprreciated. Thanks. Wendy
I have the A630 and it works fine, remember that these kind of digicams without Image Stabilizationand bad ISO performance(in comparison to Dslr´s)are not appropriate for handheldIndoor/low light pictures without flash,you mention excessive brightness whenusing the flash, have you tried lowering the flash exposure compensation?sometimes when you are too close to the subject the normal flash output is too much, you can also lower iso to 80. If these problems remain I suggest you take the camerafor a free repair if it´s in warranty
flash110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2007, 1:02 AM   #6

As the last person said..'Hand holding' a camera at the shutter speeds you were using is not a good or practical idea.

The short answer is get a 'tripod' and use the timer delay!
mike4sally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2007, 3:22 AM   #7

Hi Wendy!

I have also an A620 since about one year. I'm still very happy with it; got an S3IS lately in addition to it, mainly for the 12 x zoom and image stabilization. For the kind of shots you mentioned I recommend the use of a tripod and shooting with timer delay. I have the small but very versatile 'GorillaPod' tripods.
donato is offline   Reply With Quote