Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jan 25, 2007, 7:10 PM   #1

Just learned on another forum that Olympus has released a digital camera the same size as the S3 IS with an 18X zoom lens. The Olympus web site indicates several other "advantages" and the similarities are many, such as AA battery power etc.
The Olympus also has a 2.5 inch screen.

Wonder if this new Olympus will influence Canon or Sony to come out with an 18X lens and larger LCD as well some of the other "improvements"?

It sounds really great to me but I'll hold on to my wallet until I see Steve's review. Sometimes the cameras don't live up to the hype.

Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 26, 2007, 7:12 AM   #2

Setter Dog wrote:
Quote:
Just learned on another forum that Olympus has released a digital camera the same size as the S3 IS with an 18X zoom lens. The Olympus web site indicates several other "advantages" and the similarities are many, such as AA battery power etc.
The Olympus also has a 2.5 inch screen.

Wonder if this new Olympus will influence Canon or Sony to come out with an 18X lens and larger LCD as well some of the other "improvements"?

It sounds really great to me but I'll hold on to my wallet until I see Steve's review. Sometimes the cameras don't live up to the hype.
Digital cameras are starting to be like computers, out of datealmost as soon as you buy them!! I know my wallet can't keep up with all this new technology! Although I do have to say that this camera does sound nice!
ecx350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2007, 5:02 PM   #3

I could not give my e-300 away on ebay. I would NEVER EVER buy another Olympus anything!
Goofas is offline   Reply With Quote