Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jul 6, 2003, 9:02 AM   #1

Default Canon A70 - how can I make the pictures more sharper?

Great Camera, however I would like the pictures to be more sharp, less blure....any way to do it via the camera? any parameter that I can change?

Many thanks,
Amiy
Amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 6, 2003, 3:57 PM   #2

well to get better picutes you could play around with shutter speed and aparautre... depends on what your trying to shoot..

if your not sure here's a really great beginners guide which you could read... it expains what evey thing means and how they relate to one another...

http://www.shortcourses.com/using/index.htm

Then you could experimate with your camera... untill you get the picutes you like... good luck.
stimpy01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2003, 8:18 AM   #3
Fly

If you use AiAF, then try to turn it off.

When you only use the centre point autofocus, it's possible to control the part of the picture you want to be sharp / in-focus.
(I never use AiAF).
Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2003, 11:02 AM   #4

I turned off the AiAF as well.

Though some images on my a60 still arent the sharpest, so depending on the "mood" of the image, I'll use sharpen or unmask sharpen thingy in Photoshop to add a bit more to it.

Could always use Manual Focus, though I don't think its very accurate through a small LCD sceen.
Gimli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2003, 9:14 AM   #5

I have a Canon G3 and sometimes i feel that pictures could be a little bit more sharper. As I can't turn AiAf off, I have to use PaintShop Pro 7.

See yourself
Pedro Rodrigues
http://www.pedro.dk3.com
Sabbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2003, 4:30 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabbath
I have a Canon G3 and sometimes i feel that pictures could be a little bit more sharper. As I can't turn AiAf off, I have to use PaintShop Pro 7.

See yourself
Pedro Rodrigues
how do you do it in psp 7?
Old Jul 9, 2003, 7:16 PM   #7

It's as easy as pick "Effects" option and then "Sharpen"

See yourself
Pedro Rodrigues
Sabbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2003, 12:40 AM   #8

Well I far prefer PSP8 to PSP7. If you had registered PSP7 like we did, you would have gotten an offer for the boxed PSP8 for under 50 bucks. What a deal!

Anyway, you may have better results using the unsharp mask tool. It takes a little more knowhow, so read up in the manual first. I think it also depends on the resolution of the camera as to the settings of the unsharp mask, so you may have to play with the numbers.

Hope this helps!

Dan O.
Melboz99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2003, 3:21 PM   #9

Do you think I can get psp 8 as an upgrade since I have psp 5.0
Old Jul 10, 2003, 5:52 PM   #10

PSP 8 is a stand alone software, not an upgrade. If you are still using PSP 5, I strongly suggest you purchase PSP 8. The advances between PSP 7 and PSP 8 are substancial, I can't even begin to compare PSP 5 with PSP 8, I figure it would almost be like apples and oranges.

There are some tools in PSP 8 that are so useful I just can't go back to 7. There is the straightening tool, for example. Just align a line with a vertical or horizontal edge in the image (such as a horizon or wall) and check "auto crop." When you double-click the line the image is automaticaly rotated to perfection, and cropped to a rectangle with the original ratio. The menus are much better organized, and more windows are automatically docked. I just can't stand the floating tool options window in PSP 7 anymore. Also useful are the lens distortion tools. They correct both barrel and fisheye, as well as pincushing distortions. Another tool I cannot be without is the remove specks/hole tool for selections. Anyone ever try making a selection with dust? This solves the problem.

PSP 8 can be had for $100. Hope you get it, it's a lot easier to use, meaning more time for fun.

Dan O.
Melboz99 is offline   Reply With Quote