Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Feb 6, 2007, 8:18 PM   #1

I know there has been plenty of discussion on teleconverters, but I couldn't find any threads mentioning this combination. Specifically, does anyone have any experience using the Canon TC-DC58C teleconverter (2X converter marketed to fit the G7) with an S3 IS? It is listed as having 58mm threads, so it sounds like it should fit the standard adapter, but if it doesn't produce acceptable results (e.g., if it gives excessive vignetting), I'll go for the TC-DC58B and forego the extra zoom. While I'm at it, is the Lensmate adapter higher quality than the Canon adapter?
Thanks,
Dan
requa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 9, 2007, 9:34 PM   #2

I'm taking the lack of responses as evidence that no one is using this combination, probably for a good reason. I just ordered a TC-DC58B (1.5X designed to work with the S3 IS), rather than getting zoom-greedy and potentially disappointed. It was worth asking.

requa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2007, 11:24 AM   #3

Requa,

I'd be interested in how you like the TC on the S3. Some people say they get better clarity than with the lens only.

I'm considering either the Olympus 550 18x zoom or the Canon S3 w/TC for my trip to Yellowstone in the fall. I really prefer Canon but the 550 looks like a real winner.
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2007, 4:36 PM   #4

i would be interested with your results if you go with the s3 and converter. i have been wanting to buy that kit on amazon for 120.00 for the complete kit.. but, its not canon brand.. dale;.. ps<please post results. i will recomend something to you.. the gorillapod. my sis bought me one for xmas and it is incredible. especially when travelling.. i know that it really has nothing to do with lenses. but, you sound like you are like me.. any gadget to improve the shot...
dalydouble is offline   Reply With Quote