Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Feb 10, 2007, 11:49 PM   #1

I write reviews for epinions.com and wrote a review for the Canon A540. Check it out at http://www.epinions.com/content_309290569348 and let me know what you think.

Thanks!
vivona is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 11, 2007, 3:49 PM   #2

Very nice. My only complaint is that I didn't see you mention anything about the size of the image sensor, especially compared to other Powershots of similar build. All in all though, that was a very professional review. And oh, I too have an A40 and I agree, it really does take great pictures. Many people are astounded that it's only a 2 megapixel camera.
RanchDressing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2007, 10:20 AM   #3

RanchDressing wrote:
Quote:
Very nice. My only complaint is that I didn't see you mention anything about the size of the image sensor, especially compared to other Powershots of similar build. All in all though, that was a very professional review. And oh, I too have an A40 and I agree, it really does take great pictures. Many people are astounded that it's only a 2 megapixel camera.
Thanks for the comments. If my A40 didn't take so long to find its focus and exposure, I wouldn't have been that interested in upgrading. The A540 is substantially better in that regard.

Regarding the image sensor. I didn't see anything unusual about the size of the A540 image sensor, which, at 1/2.5", is the same size as other PowerShots in the 6 megapixel range and even many of the 7.1 MP cameras. For instance, the 6MP A700 and SD600 and the 7.1MP A550, A710 and SD800 all have a 1/2.5" sensor. What am I missing here?
vivona is offline   Reply With Quote