Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Feb 12, 2007, 10:12 PM   #1

I just got this SD600 pic andalot of my pics look really dithered... especially in low light but some times in alot of light as well. most of the settings are set to auto right now. Im really kinda bummed about it.. my s400 had better pics. here is an example...

http://parsons.dynu.com/Data%20Cente...s/IMG_0090.jpg
jdparsons1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 13, 2007, 1:49 AM   #2

In this particular image it appears that the flash did not fire and judging from the floor tiles being way overexposed, your camera reading was more than likely off the darker part of the image so the cameraadjusted the ISO pretty high which would could cause the noise in the darker portion of the image. Try the same shot using your flash and and make sure you take your exposure off the brighter grille work of the servers, at least I think those are servers.
Caboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2007, 11:17 PM   #3

I have the same problems with mine. I'm trying all sorts of things trying to get rid of the problem. I love the camera or rather I want to love the camera. It's layed out great but my Olympus took better low light pics. One shouldn't have to blast everything with a flash. Help!
jdwood07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2007, 11:55 PM   #4

I agree.... you wouldn't think you'd have to use a flash in such a high light area... and when i use the flash all the white in that room looks yellowish. But i too want to love the sd600
jdparsons1 is offline   Reply With Quote