Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jul 14, 2003, 5:08 PM   #1

Default A70 Data Corruption

I've been experiencing a very irratating problem with my A70. Specifically, I've had several pictures that I've taken been corrupted on the memory card, causing the camera to show a "data corrupted" message when trying to view them in playback mode, and an incomplete image when viewed on the PC.

This happened especially often when I first got the camera and was using the supplied alkaline batteries, and during the first use of my rechargable (2100mAh) batteries. Since then it's become less common, and seems to be aggrevated by long exposures, use of movie mode, taking lots of flash photos in quick succession, or viewing the shots on the camera.

I'm wondering if my CF card (64MB Samsung) is incompatable with the camera. I reformatted the card in the camera to no avail, and the card packet said it was compatable with Canon equipment. However, unfortunately I didn't read up on CF before buying and I was under the impression that a CF card was a CF card. Since then, of course, I've learn't that this isn't so and these cheap Taiwanese cards are of questionnable quality. When I get some time I'm going to try and replicate the problem using the supplied Canon card, but has anybody else experienced similar trouble?

Cheers,

Tim
trab82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 15, 2003, 4:57 AM   #2
Fly

I've had pictures and movies from my A70 corrupted too. It was the first two days I used it. After transfering the data to my computer, there was 3 of the 100 pictures and 2 of the 3 movies that was in "invalid format". I did not notice any "data corrupted" message on the LCD.
It has never happend since (I'm using PQI Hi-speed CF-cards).
If your A70 continue to corrupt data with different CF-cards, you might have to take it to the dealer

Good luck!
Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2003, 10:54 AM   #3

arent you ment to use fast CF mem when taking movies (24x)?
Jayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2003, 3:42 AM   #4
Fly

I don't think a fast CF card is necessary for movies. But maybe it's only possible to take shorter clips.
(sorry for the late response - I overlooked your reply )
Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2003, 6:30 AM   #5
RBW

Default Corrupted data

IO have had the same problem with the V3 and a Sandisk card, and I don't know what the problem is either.
RBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2003, 6:33 AM   #6

Default Re: Corrupted data

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBW
IO have had the same problem with the V3 and a Sandisk card, and I don't know what the problem is either.
have you tryed to change type of CF?
or do you have problems only with sandisk??

How about your s230 quality pics?
(I am going to buy it and I need some suggests from owners)
fnuzi is offline   Reply With Quote