Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Mar 21, 2007, 10:11 AM   #1

When I saw the Canon TX1 I immediately fell in love with it. The right features at the right price ... So I promptly ordered one from Amazon. Up until today their website listed the release date as March 31st, to be delivered two days later.

Today I received an email from Amazon stating the camera is now delayed 2 MONTHS, and would I like to keep the order or cancel! :evil:

So just a heads up to anyone anticipating the arrival of this camera ....

-----------------------

Jav Atar
dblml320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 21, 2007, 10:42 AM   #2

This is what I think happened. Canon knew the HD2 was coming out in late March so to pump up their own sales, Canon announced a March 31 release date knowing full well they didn't have the capability to get the product out then.

I pre-ordered the TX1 from Amazon and was given a delivery date of April 4-6. I was informed today that the delivery will be June 4-6.

Shame on Canon!
centme37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2007, 3:22 PM   #3

This sounds very plausible, and as you suggest: Shame on Canon! But it may backfire .. If the Sanyo HD2 ships on time, and gets respectable reviews, people may jump ship for the HD2, since it will be aavilable earlier .. especially if Sanyo manages to match the $500 price of the TX1.

I did do a search across lots of vendors who claim to be offering the TX1. None of the sites have any sort of ship date information. Most just say "On Order".
dblml320 is offline   Reply With Quote